5.5

felix

looking at the shelves while walking just seemed like a way to save time in my opinion, but i should probably pay attention to where i'm walking more often. the reason for this genius assessment was now standing in front of me in a 5'6" package. i apologized frantically after running into a hard surface, but upon looking up from the shelf, i recognized the victim. "oh. you're hyunjin's friend," i couldn't remember his name, but i could recall hyunjin calling him binnie. "binnie?" i hesitantly choked out. he laughed at that. he had the strangest yet most contagious laugh. i almost laughed along with him, but it was too early for all that. "anyways," i began. "i'll be on my way." i started to continue scanning the shelves for baking ingredients when i felt someone hovering. he was still there, looking like that one kid in the class who just waits for the teacher to finish before asking to use the bathroom. "is there something you need?" i asked. "uh- oh. i guess." i stared at him with questioning eyes. is he gonna say what he needed? "and that is?" i egged him on.

"your number." he said almost as a question, the intonation at the end raising in pitch. "my number? why?" i picked up the vanilla extract and baking powder, tossing them in the basket. "to make it up to me for running into me of course" i glared at him. "and because we have some mutual friends." i sighed, turning to him. "who? hyunjin. i wouldn't really call us friends." i lied through my teeth. in the process of falling for hyunjin, and trying to get closer to him, i got stuck in that pesky friend-zone i've heard so much about. friends is the first word to describe what we are. but 'binnie' didn't need to know that. "well can i at least use your phone to call a friend real quick? mine died on the way here. i sighed again, rolling my eyes before handing my phone over. all of a sudden i could here the tune of 'myself' by bazi and a buzzing from this guy's pocket. "ok, thanks felix! text you later." he winked at me, handing me my phone. i quickly unlocked it seeing my phone history.

outgoing call ⇗
hubby changbin

that scheming little-