8.5

"so how did your date go?" jisung nudged felix, food still stuffed in his cheeks. "it wasn't a date," the blond responded. "sure it wasn't." the older rolled his eyes. "don't talk with your mouth full. and chew the rest of the food before shoveling more into your mouth. you look like a rodent." he glared at his friend. "dang sorry who shit in your cereal?" jisung gasped. felix sighed at that. "sorry. i just don't know how to feel about it. we went out to eat and he was really nice. he kept giving me more of the meat and he even payed for everything. he's attractive too. i just can't trust him yet. am i a horrible person?" jisung's expression formed into a much more serious one. he felt bad for his friend and the daunting thoughts that went through his head. "oh course not. you didn't even know you were going out to eat. if it were me, i wouldn't have even thought to bring my wallet. he asked you out and he likes you, so he should understand that it's not your responsibility to like him back immediately. especially since you've been so stubborn towards him thus far." the shorter nodded, listening intently to his best friend. you wouldn't see jisung speaking like this very much. he's not the deep type, but with felix, they would occasionally have these talks. he'd do anything for his best friend. with others, he wouldn't know what to do if they got upset. he'd probably just sit there feeling uncomfortable, but that all went away with felix. even though he was only a day younger, jisung felt the need to protect felix like his little brother. he's not one of those overly protective, gate-keeping type friends, but the type that only revealed this deep caring side to the few people that were close to his heart.

"you don't need to force yourself, lix. if he's a good guy, he'll understand that earning your trust may take a little." jisung gave little pets to felix's head, running his fingers through the soft hair, an act he knew calmed the latter. "can we stay like this for a while?" felix asked, quietly making jisung's heart clench. "of course, lix" he nodded, pulling felix's back closer to his chest. "you did good today." he gave him reassurance, feeling happy that his best friend tried something new.