Chapter 16

Kai's POV

If anyone asked me how the past few days have felt I'd probably say like bliss.

It's almost like nothing else surrounds us but the fact that we seem to be stuck in a loop in the perfect place. It's everything we could've ever wished for. Hours will pass and we'll be stuck with the dumbest smiles on our faces; but we won't notice. Not until one of us points it out. And that only makes us smile harder.

"That's falling in love" one would say. Yes but It's more than that, almost euphoric. Every time I think about it I find it so difficult to understand. To understand how she makes me feel. Like there's this voice in the back of my head that constantly reminds me of her beautiful self instead of telling me to run away. She completes me.

I am a complete idiot for her, I will do anything. No questions asked. If it means protecting her then so be it. I don't want anyone taking that away from me. Maybe it's selfish. Maybe it's not. But one can't think twice given our circumstances.

One thing we have realized during our time together is that damn, we needed this. Only to be the two of us, alone. Alone how we are now, legs tangled together as the warmth from our comforter spreads through our tired bodies.

We don't really have much furniture since we've only had the place for a couple days but we plan on getting a nice dark green couch, cream rug. The only thing that has arrived so far is our bed, thank god. Sleeping on the floor wasn't too bad but it can't compare to an actual bed.

I close my eyes when the sun shines a bit brighter against our window and move my head down to avoid the sharp glare. Billie sighs in her sleep and cuddles closer, resting her hand on my chest. I gently kiss her forehead and make sure she's covered up so she doesn't get cold, rubbing her back.

I love her. My future.

I can't help but stare for a couple seconds. Her long lashes resting against her smooth, pale skin. Her plump lips, pouty and slightly swollen.
She looks so fragile. I don't think her angelic features will ever give away the fact that she's a well known drug dealer.

I suddenly get an idea which might be sweet so I carefully untangle myself from Bil, making my way to the bathroom. When I'm done brushing my teeth and washing my face I head to the kitchen, trying not to trip over some of the boxes that are scattered around. I curse under my breath when I accidentally hit my elbow, holding my arm to stop the pain from worsening.

French toast sounds yummy so I start preparing that along with some freshly brewed coffee for the both of us. I grab one of the trays from under the sink and also Billie's favorite mug, setting everything up nicely.

Once that's done I look at the time and yeah, it's definitely a good time to wake her up. 10:30 am sounds alright for someone who isn't a morning person.

Of course we don't have nightstands yet so I set the tray on the edge of the bed and away from Billie's legs. I carefully sit next to her and lean forward to kiss her nose, moving her hair away from her face.

"Time to wake up Bil" I say softly, laughing when she groans and turns to the other side. "Come on, I have something yummy for you"

"Is it what I think it is?" She yawns, wiggling her eyebrows.

I snort because I know exactly what she's talking about and shush her, reaching for the tray. "No it's not. I made you breakfast silly"

Billie opens her eyes groggily and looks over, gasping when she spots the french toast. She pouts and tries moving closer to kiss me so I let my hands rest on the back of her neck, kissing her gently.