Chapter 11

Kai's POV

"I need my cuddle buddy" Billie whines from the couch and I chuckle, heading straight to the kitchen.

"I thought you were thirsty?" I ask playfully, grabbing two mugs in order to heat up some coffee.

"Shit it's late already. Kai hurry up!" Rory comes down the stairs complaining and I huff, tapping my fingers against the counter.

Apparently the three of us had to go deal with some random guy Seven did not wanna have any contact with. Not even a deal later and I was already tired of him. Wanting him gone was an understatement.

"Let her at least prepare my coffee" Billie's muffled voice resonates in the hallway and I laugh, pouring the coffee into thermal cups instead.

"I'll wait for you guys in the car" Rory says before shutting the door behind her.

I hear Billie turn off the t.v, letting the house fall silent. Jaden was still asleep upstairs and judging by the time, she wouldn't be waking up any time soon. She had no energy left after Jax leaving last night.

I just really hope he won't get himself killed cause that'd break her.

"Here, hold them please" I hand Billie our coffees when she nods and grab both our hoodies from the couch, opening the front door with my free hand.

When we get to the car I sit in the back and Billie opens the passenger door, putting both our coffees in the cup holders.

"You're not driving" she looks at Rory who's sitting in the driver's seat, mindlessly scrolling through her phone.

"There's no need to fight over who's driving" I chime in, taking the opportunity to text Jaden that we'll be home in a couple hours.

"Apparently your girl loves fighting. I am driving, get in" Rory says, locking her phone before driving off. "We're so late, I swear if Seven finds out Billie"

"Whatever" she huffs, looking out the window. I chuckle and lean forward, softly resting my hands on her shoulders. She visibly relaxes and interlocks our fingers, kissing my knuckles.

"Why don't you hand Kai her knife" Rory comments and I open one of my hands, waiting for Billie to give it to me.

I'd never done this before and to be honest, I was terrified. I suppose there's no reason to be since using weapons isn't in our plans but I don't think the scary thoughts will go away until this is over.

"There's no way we're harming this man though, I don't want Seven on my ass for it" Billie says as I slide the weapon down my waistline. "I wish I could get rid of Seven once and for all"

"Woah there tiger" Rory chuckles, making a turn. "You'll have the whole gang coming after you"

"Like I care" Billie mumbles, plugging in her phone to blast some music. In the meantime she grabs her coffee and I thank her when she hands me mine.

"I care" I mumble in between sips, frowning at the thought of Billie in danger.

Billie turns her head around and pouts, stretching one of her arms to caress my cheek. "I'll be okay baby"

"Okay we're almost there" Rory announces and I take a deep breath, adjusting my knife once again.

"We won't even be able to finish our coffees" Billie grumbles and I laugh in disbelief.

"Don't be so grumpy Bil, I'll make you another one later" I say and Billie nods enthusiastically, clapping her hands.

I realize we are about to park in what looks like an abandoned Walmart parking lot so I put my coffee back in the cup holder and sigh. There's no way out anymore.