Chapter 9.2

Part 2/2

A.N

i never thought college applications and work would drain me this much. nonetheless, i have plenty of ideas and will keep on writing because there's nothing i love more.

on another note, to be quite honest i have thought about changing plenty of things about this story (which will probably happen) or even deleting it; but i finally found some inspiration to write again.

that being said, thank you for being so patient and to whoever's reading this, i'm here for you ❤️
i appreciate you guys so much. thank you infinitely.

p.s: stay safe and inside! let's take care of each other.

/

Kai's POV

"Always aim for the lower abdomen- here" Billie instructs while grabbing my hand and situating it on her belly, pressing the knife above it. "They will try to fight it but all you have to do is block them with your foot"

She positions her foot behind my knee and before I know it, I'm clumsily stumbling backwards and onto the floor with a hard stud.

"What the hell?" I sit back up and look at her with furrowed brows, caressing my now stinging butt.

"Just wanted to see if you were paying attention, which you clearly weren't" she sighs and stretches her arm out, helping me back up.

Once she does I waste no time and press my hand against her belly like she taught me and tackle her just the way she did. She grabs my hand and sends us both to the ground, to which I chuckle lightly once my chest is pressed against hers.

"I was paying attention" I whisper and when her fingers brush against my arm I realize how close we are. I brush it off, allowing myself to get lost in those blue eyes.

She pushes her body weight off me and bends one of my arms, turning both of us around so she's the one on top. "You clearly weren't" she repeats once again, shaking her head with a slight smile.

"You trying to flirt with me Eilish?" I raise my eyebrows and she laughs, helping me stand up.

"I don't know what you're talking about. It's time to head out" she changes the topic quickly, pointing to the door.

I then realize that Mark is no longer in the room and quickly follow Billie outside. Just like I thought, Mark is standing right by the weapon table.

"I didn't wanna interrupt" he comments, gracefully taking the playful slap on the head that Billie gives him. "What? You know I-"

"Hush it" Billie presses her finger against Mark's mouth and he raises his arms in defeat, turning to walk us to the entrance.

"Fine, fine. Kai take that knife with you, it's yours from now on" Mark says, smiling warmly at me.

"Thank you Mark" I smile back and accept the quick hug he gives me, moving aside to let Billie hug him too.

"Call me whenever you need me, okay? You know I'll be here" Billie nods thankfully and her eyes seem to water slightly before she pats his back softly, finally letting him guide us outside.