Chapter 9.1

Part 1/2

Kai's POV

"Jaden if I remember correctly, the last time you tried to cut my hair I ended up having to go to my grandma who didn't know one single thing about haircuts. And she left me looking like a mole rat" I raise one of my eyebrows, looking at her daringly. "So no, you're not cutting my hair"

"Someone has to and it's not going to be me" Rory shrugs, coming into the kitchen and sitting in one of the stools diagonally to us. "I'm sure Jaden will do it right"

The two start chuckling quietly and I narrow my eyes, looking at the two suspiciously. Jaden starts clapping dramatically and nods satisfied, having what looks like a silent conversation with Rory. "Thank you Ro"

"Since when are you guys plotting against me? I don't like this behavior"

"Since you decided it was okay to shrink half of my closet and a third of Jaden's" Rory says, throwing me an unsatisfied look.

"How am I supposed to know that the actual setting that doesn't shrink clothes, shrinks them? I don't think you mentioned that when you gave me the laundry basket"

"That's fair" she clicks her tongue, tilting her head to the side. "I'm still not cutting your hair"

"Fine then I'm not cutting it at all" I stand up and head to the mug cabinet, grabbing three different ones. "Coffee?"

"Yes please" both of them answer in unison to which I roll my eyes, focusing on the task at hand.

"I know a guy who can come up here and do it for us but we need Billie for that" Rory whispers the last part and I visibly freeze for a second before turning around and handing them their coffees, pretending I didn't hear any of that.

Things with Billie haven't been exactly ideal ever since she snapped a couple days ago.

I couldn't blame her, it's not like she could stop doing this whole thing anyway. There's no going back with this type of stuff, especially knowing how Prince is. I've heard Rory say that apparently he wants her because of how good she is and that thought alone makes me sick to my stomach. I can't imagine what it must be like for her and I hope I'll be able to figure something out before it's too late.

You can't save everyone Kai.

I shake my head at the thought and look outside, sighing. Billie has been so distant lately that she's even decided to do the dirty work with Rory which isn't that bad in retrospective. I get to stay in the house and talk to Jaden more but it's still risky since I don't think Seven is aware of what's happened. At all.

Thinking about it, I'm almost certain that he will never realize because Billie has been doing a great job distracting him and keeping him busy with 'work related stuff', which I've noticed ends up in dark hickeys and bruises all over her neck and legs again. But I know that I'll probably never be able to bring that up unless someone else does, someone she actually feels 100% comfortable with.

Clearly not me.

"Kai? I hate when you do that" Jaden groans, snapping me out of my daze.

"Sorry" I mutter, finally grabbing my coffee and taking a sip before focusing on them again. "What were you guys talking about?"

"Fin"

"What about him?" I furrow my brows, playing with the hem of my shirt. Rory throws me a dirty look to which I roll my eyes, sighing loudly. "What?"

"Stop. She'll come around, trust me. Now stop playing stupid and come here" Rory says, patting the free spot in between her and Jaden.

I huff and do as told, sitting down.