Thatcher

Meredith, Lexie, George, Christina, Alex, Bailey, and Izzie we're hanging out in Izzies room, as she stuffed food down their throats. Izzie and Alex's wedding was coming up quickly but Izzie could not be eating food at the moment, so she was having everyone taste test it to decide what to serve at the wedding.

" what does chicken taste like?", Izzie says

"Chicken," Meredith replies.

"Good Chicken," Alex says, both of them receiving a glare from Izzie.

"Seriously, how about the pork!" Izzie asks looking at Christian, George, and Lexie, with Dr. Bailey secretly smirks at them all.

" Pork," they say at the same time before the five of their pagers go off saying goodbye to Izzie and whisking herself out of the room.

Adam is walking down to the vending machine to go get a snack before his cardio aneurysm repair. As he is walking he accidentally bumps into an older guy, who's in his mid-50s. Adam apologizes and continues walking. As he walks he gets a flashback from when he was a kid.

Flashback

Adam was 10 years old, playing with his younger sister Meredith on the living room floor.

"Adam! Adam! Let's play surgery on my dolls!'' Meredith screams happily."

"Ugh, we always play that game kiddo, can we play something else?", Adam says, hoping not to upset his kid sister.

"Okay... I guess...We could play Hide and Seek!" Meredith says.

Adam recipes, "Okay but I..."

" You count!" Meredith says, running to find a hiding spot before he can finish his sentence.

" You rascal." Adam chuckles, sitting on the couch to go count.

That is when he hears his adoptive father, Thatcher walking down the stairs carrying multiple suitcases, that seemed to be pretty heavy.

"Dad? Where are you going, are you donating that stuff or something?" Adam questions.

" Umm... I am just going to go on a small trip... I will be back soon. It's for work." Thatcher lies.

" Wait are you leaving right now?" Adam questions.

" Yeah," Thatcher says, opening the door.

"Wait, let me find Meredith so she can say bye to you.", Adma says standing up.

" no, it is okay, umm the babysitter is on her way over. I got to go, bye Adam.", Thatcher says closing the door behind him.

" Ready or Not, here I come!" Adma shouts going to look for Meredith.

End of flashback

At that moment Adam realized that the man he just ran into was his ex-father. He had not parental right over him, Ellis had taken them away. Meredith still was connected to him by blood though. Adam is not sure if he would refer to him as his father because he had left. But he was his dad for eight years. The only father influence he had ever had was him. His feeling was hard to comprehend. He felt angry for the fact that Thatcher left them, and even more upset for him leaving his biological daughter without saying goodbye. Meredith does not remember whether she said bye or not because she was too young, but Adam remembers it all. Dam storms off towards the chief's office.

Meredith and Lexie were called into the chief's office to listen to Thatchers' apologies.

" I am so deeply sorry for, for every time that I ever hurt you, or disappointed you...or let you down. I don't deserve your forgiveness. But I hope- - I - I so hope - - That you will give me the opportunity to earn it." Thatcher says to the two of them.

They all sit there in awkward silence for a few seconds till Meredith goes to stand up, before being interrupted by someone knocking and bursting through the doors.

"Chief! I need to ask you a question..." Adam says before realizing the people occupying the room he burst into.

" Oh um, sorry I thought the chief was gonna be in here", Adam stutters making eye contact with Meredith and noticing her discomfort.

" Umm, is that...are you?" Thatcher stuttered.

"That's Adam," Lexie says.

" I was told you died," Thatcher says, feeling like he is having hallucinations.

"I was presumed dead, and they found me. Now if you will excuse me I have surgery." Adam says fleeing from the room.

"Why did you not tell me he was alive," thatcher says looking towards Meredith.

" Because it was not the news I need to tell you," Meredith says standing up.

"I am proud that you are doing well, good luck,'' Meredith says calmly walking out of the room. As she walks, she turns her head back to see her sister hugging her father. She is glad that Lexie is happy, but Meredith has too much pain from the past to be healed in one day. She thinks those wounds will never heal, too much time has passed for her.

Meredith walked into Izzies' room, hoping to escape from her father. When she enters Izzies' room she sees someone with cheap makeup and vibrant clothing with heals talking on the phone.

"Umm, hi!" Meredith says wondering who the person in the room si.

" Hey Meredith, meet my mom," Izzie says.

" what is with parents popping up today," Meredith says.

"What are you talking about... what mom could you go get me some water from the cafeteria," Izzie asks her mom.

Izzies' mom smiles and walks out of the room.

" Okay, now tell me what happened," Izzie says to Meredith.

" my father came today to apologize for everything, " Meredith says.

" What did you do, : Izzie asks.

" I said I hope he does well, how about you and your mom?" Meredith asks.

" She is a good mom, but it can be so difficult t be around her. I can not tell her the truth about my sickness she will never leave, or she will pay hundreds of dollars on fake therapists. " Izzie says.

" I understand," Meredith says.

They both then sit there resting and focusing on the tv.