Who lives and who dies

The next day Meredith, Christiqan, Alex, and George were sleeping in Izzies room waiting for her to wake up. They slowly woke up when Bailey entered the room, disappointed to find that Izzie still hadn't woken up. Christian and George were paged so they left the room. Then Adam walked in asking Meredith to join him out in the hallway.
" Hey, how is Izzie?" Adam asks as him and Meredith walk down the hall.
" No change, is horrible. I am so afraid that she wont wake up, or something else." Meredith says taking a deep breath.
" Well today you are on my service today, so I have nothing right now but.." Adam says being cut off by their pager going off.
" 911 in the pit," Adam says as they both run down to see what trauma they were gonna come across.
As the two of them enter the trauma room they see doctors hastily working on a man who was said to be crushed by a bus, he was at the moment a john-doe. They spring into action.
Meredith says, " He's back"
" Okay let's get a trauma series, trauma labs, and o-neg blood in here. Severe avulsion injury to the left forearm" callie says in a professional manner as everyone continues to work.
As they uncover the cloth cover his face Meredith is taken back at the damage the bus caused.
" Okay, skull is bashed in, page shepherd and Sloan" Owen says.
" Get antibiotics so we can clean the wounds," Adam says.

While they are working on the trauma Izzie has woken up and is getting an examination form Derek with Christina and ALex in the room. They are thrilled she is communicating and acting normal, but she seems to have problems with her memory, she forgets what she talks about every minute or so.

In The trauma room Dr. Sloan walks into the room.
" Woah," Mark says, examining the patient.
" Man vs. bus" callie comments
" The bus won" Sloan says
" Check out the left arm," Callie says, revealing a bloody, swollen mess, with flesh ripping off.
" he's crashing again " Meredith and Adam says at the same time.
" What do we got," Derek says, entering the room.
" roadkill" Mark says receiving glares from others in the room.
" You mind," Owen says offended.
" He stepped out in front of a moving busso he could pull a women out of the way: Adam says, with owen fishing, "he's a hero"
" can you fix the arm?" callie questions.
" fingers are already blue if it's gonna happen, now is the time" Sloan says working on the arm.
" Pupils blown. Stop cpr. Okay give me a cranial drill please." Shepherd says creating burr holes in the man's skull. A she does so the pressure is revealed and the man wakes up.
" I'm gonna go get some bacitracin for that face." Sloan says
" All right, let's get his head rotated," SHepherd says.
" welcome back sir. You had us worried there for a minute." Meredith says smiling at the man on the table. The man looks at her trying to get her to realize something, but Merdith recognizes nothing.
As they continue to work Dr. Bailey walks into the room and looks at Owen and Adam, but mostly Owne, "What did you do to O'malley?"
" excuse me?" owen asks confused.
"Uh, somebody else around here liley to convince someone to join the army and be a trauma surgeon in Iraq?" Bailey says enunciating clearly so he realizes her anger.
Meredith goes pale when she hears Bailey's words, when her brother became a surgeon for the army, she encouraged him. She supported him as well, and in the end he was presumed dead. Meredith did not want something bad to happen to George, like something bad happened to her brother. She heard people make shocked comments around her but she could not find words. Instead she focused on continuing on helping the patient. She looked towards Adam, seeing he was shocked as well, but continued to monitor his heart.
" V- fib" meredith says.
Charge the paddles to 360" Adam shouts grabbing the paddles and shocking the man.
"Uh, George? George O'malley?" Callie asks Owen.
" It wasn't my idea," Owen said.
" No change," Meredith shouts talking about his heart.
" charge again! CLear!" Adam shouts, shocking him again as he hears OWen talk.
" I did what I could to give him a decent education in trauma.I didn't know he was gonna go and enlist.' Owne says to Bailey as her and Callie shake their heads.
" He keeps coding," Adam says.
" here's why - - Open-book pelvic fracture. He needs an OR now." Callie says
" sinus tach, we barely have a rhythm" Adam says.
" Let's stabilize the pelvis," Owen says.
As Bailey lectures him while her and Callie angrily leave the room.
Why then continue to take him up to the OR hoping he survives.