Holidaze

Meredith and Jackson have been sleeping together for the past couple of weeks together to, and now it is close to thanksgiving.

Meredith is now in the hospital waiting for the chief.

Chief walks in and says," Thank you for meeting me."

I respond saying," You're the chief of surgery. If your page, I'm here. "

"I want to say something. I need to say something ... About what happened the other night. I-I need you to know it wasn't ... Well, it isn't what you think." He says, because Meredith saw him drinking.

: Oh. I don't think anything About your personal life, sir." Meredith says.

" I had a problem ... a log time ago. I was diagnosed with alcoholism. Or I diagnosed myself." And I didn't take a drink for almost 20 years. But I think it was a misdiagnosis. I'm not saying my drinking wasn't bad, because it was. But there is such a thing as ... Situational depression. And I think that's what i was suffering from, And it escalated my drinking. So...have you told anyone what you saw? I mean, have you told Derek?" the chief asks.

" No. No. Well ... since I took a step back from surgery, I've had some time to really look at our residents. And your work ... Is extraordinary. A lot like your mother's. And since I have some time ... Some extra time ... Maybe you would like a mentor. Maybe I could teach you some things. Have you ever done a 2-Layered, continuous suture For an anastomosis?" he asks Meredith and she shakes her head and smiles.

Later Christian is with Owen in the on-call room when her pager goes off," Oh, it's teddy and Adam. Ah, I love it when it's them." 

Adam still has some PTSD, and therapy every now and then. He does not like all the responsibility just on him, so he and his old friend Teddy are co-chiefs of cardiothoracic surgery. 

" Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Wow." Jackson says.

 That is the biggest pseudoaneurysm I've ever seen. It's at the suture line of the transplant. Christian says.

The new heart is dying." teddy says.

Damn it." Adam says

"  Poor guy that brought her in. I think they were on their third date." Jackson mentions

"  It doesn't even look like a heart anymore," Christina says

" That's because it's not." teddy responds looking at Adam.

" It's a chunk of useless flesh that has to come out right now." Adam finishes for her. 

 You're taking the heart out? " Christain says with Jackson asking," What are you gonna replace it with?"

" I don't know. We're gonna have to figure it out as we go. " Teddy says.

A month later, Jackson and Meredith have begun being friends with benefits again, which was a problem. Derek and Meredith were civil with one another. Teddy, Adam, and Owen are continuing their friendship. Now after a long day of work, lots of the hospital is at Meredith's house, where she is living with Alex. Jackosn is the only mercy wester there, invited by Meredith.

 Everyone has gathered at Merediths house for the Christmas dinner. Owen plays the guitar and Richard and Arizona sing a Christmas song. Teddy and Owen share a look, which Adam sees and is confused.

 Near the Christmas tree, Lexie and Sloan are fighting. 

 Lexie: You're not serious. Did you get him a snow globe of Seattle? 

Sloan: What? He likes Seattle. 

Lexie: I gave you 50 bucks. Where's my change? 

 Derek approaches Mark.