My friends

"I better not see you laying on that bed Dr.Grey!  You know you're not allowed to do that.", says Dr. Bailey, scolding Meredith.
" Well... I was just fulfilling a request of my family member, who has been presumed dead for years." Meredith replies innocently.
Bailey rolled her eyes but cannot help but smirk, realizing how happy she is seeing her brother. Adam chuckles upon hearing his little sister's innocent act she always tried to use on him. The problem for Meredith is that her brother knew her inside and out. That is why he knew that not all of her sorrows, stress, and worries were on his disappearance. He knew that she must have gone through some things that did not involve him.

"Sure Grey, Sure...Your friends are frantically looking for answers, it's kind of pathetic, so giving them some would do me some good," says Dr.Bailey.
"Ok, I will do that. Umm...is there anything we should know about his status.", asks Meredith.
"His vitals are better, and that's about it for now.", says Dr. Bailey.
"Wait!", says Adam, " Did you tell mom that I am not dead, she does not need to come out here, but at least let her know I am okay?"
Meredith gets a painful expression on her face and looks down at her shoes. She then looks back at him and opens her mouth to say something but refrains herself.
She then opens her mouth again and says, " A year, after you went missing most was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's. I came and put her in a home in Seattle. Most days she did not remember me, but she did talk about you. You were always the good kid growing up, but um yeah. About half a year ago though, she died...I'm sorry."
Adam takes a gulp of air and a tear rolls down his cheek, realizing that his mother died, and Meredith thought she lost her brother and mother for a period of time.
"Oh, umm... Did she die peacefully?" He asks his voice breaking, still wrapping his mind around what he was told.
He was not incredibly close to his mom, but she was still his mother. Ellis was always more motherly to Adam when he was younger, compared to Meredith as a child. This caused him to be a little bit more emotional than Meredith was.
"Adam? Are you okay?", asks Meredith a concerned expression plastered on her face.
"Yeah, yeah... I am good, go talk to your friends," says Adam with a forced smile.
Meredith says, "Okay, but if you need anything..."
" I know, now go," says Adam.
Meredith leaves the room, looking back at Adam one last time before exiting.
" I have never seen her act like this, with you around she seems brighter, but also more worried. I think she's scared that she will lose you again, and she just got you back.", says Bailey.
" I feel horrible. I can read her so well, and I can tell that she is hiding stuff. She buries her issues and acts like everything is alright. She does this to the point where she could break, and none would notice. Is there anything you could tell me about what happened while I was away?", questions Adam?
" I don't think it's my place to talk about her life, but she is extremely strong. I think that comes from your influence.", says Bailey exiting the room.
Adam gazes at the ceiling and soon drifts back to sleep.

"Meredith! I don't know what is all going on with you, and I badly want to know, but now everything's about me!", says Christina.
Meredith takes a breath and says, "Spill..."
" Okay, so you know the hot military surgeon that pulled the icicle out of me, and then kissed me?", said Christina.
" Yeah I remember, why?", questions Meredith.
" Well he is now the new Head of Trauma here, and he just had me save 300 pounds of bacon, just to watch them die all over again," says Christina
" Wow! Did you guys talk, or anything like that. What happened in general?" Meredith inquires.
" He sad some things about living in the Before when he kissed me, but now he is in the after. I understand what he said, but then again it was so confusing. But now he is my boss so...", says Christina.
" Wow..." say Meredith being cut off by Christina saying
"Yeah, we talked about my problems, now we talk about you."
" Okay, um come with me I only want to say it once, so I will talk to everyone at once," Meredith says.
Meredith gathers everyone up, and they sit in tunnels together. She is talking to Izzie, Alex, George, Christina, and Lexie.
" okay so I bet you are all having questions," Meredith says, receiving nods from them, " Okay so umm, Adam is my brother and he is extremely smart, smarter than me. He graduated from medical school when he was 20 and was a certified cardiothoracic surgeon by the age of 25. He was my big brother and my best friend. And when I was 20, I got a letter in the mail saying that he was missing they pronounced him presumed dead. It literally broke me, I took a year off. I should have been a third-year resident by now, but I took that year off and was in a dark place for a while. That is when I found out my mom was sick so I got my life back together and went to medical school. Now my brother is back, and alive so yeah that is the story." says Meredith.        

All of her friends look amazed, sad, and finally like the clarity of the situation.
" Umm, how am I related to him?" Lexie asks, dying for some clarity.
"Oh, no. sorry I never thought about that. He is not related to you. Adam was one year old when my mother met Thatcher, and two years old when they got married. So Adam was Thatcher's adopted son. He is your half-sisters, half brother, or he is your father's ex-adopted son."
"Okay, that is complicated," Lexie says.
"But he is your family because I am your family. My family is your family all the same." Meredith says smiling.
"Thanks, Meredith!" Lexie says so happy that Meredith has fully accepted her as her sister.
" Um would you guys be open to meeting him?", Meredith questions.
They all give approving answers and follow Meredith towards her brother's room.

Meredith peeks into the doorway to find her brother watching some random show on the tv.
" Hey can I introduce you to some people?", asks Meredith to Adam.
" Sure thing kiddo.", Adam responds.
Meredith motions for her friends to come in, and they all gather around.
"Adam, these are my friends Izzie, George, Christina, Alex, and my half-sister Lexie...", Meredith says.
" Hold on kiddo, did you say half-sister? Thatcher?" Adam inquiries, Meredith nods her head.
Adam turns himself towards Lexie and says, " Hey that makes us family, we are like second half-siblings so cool."
"Yeah pretty cool," Lexie chuckles.
"It was nice meeting the rest of you, glad you were there for Meredith." adam says with a reassuring smile.
"Yeah, you must be why Meredith was all dark and extra twisty, now shes all normal dark and twisty," Christina says, receiving an amused face from Adam.
"Ahh, she's like your new Amelia and Sadie?", Adam says to Meredith.
" No, she's my person we are closer. More civilized." Meredith says.
"Who are Amelia and Sadie", asks Izzie.
" They were my best friends and college roommates" Meredith responds.
Everyone nods and looks around not sure what to do now.
Meredith then starts a conversation and Adam tells goofy stories from Meredith's past. Everyone talks or about an hour, and then people head home to get some sleep. Meredith gets a blanket and clears up on the couch that sits in her brother's room, and instantly falls asleep