Engaged

Four weeks after Sadie showed up, she left due to falling at the program. Adam was now the new head of Cardiothoracic Surgery.
"Hey Meredith, guess what!?", says Christan with a giant smile on her face.
"What?"Meredith says, noting that she is super happy.
" I got my first solo surgery today.t!." Christina says, looking like she is about to burst.
"That's Great! I am so happy for you," Meredith says. Christina pager goes off, " I got to go," she says running down the hallways.
5 hours later...
"Izzie, it is gonna be alright we are all here for you. Okay, we got you...", Dr. Bailey says as the group settles her into her hospital room. Christina announced to everyone about Izzie's cancer before her surgery, so they were all now helping her out.
"Thanks, guys, sorry I... I just didn't want people looking at me differently.  "says Izzie sniffling.
they all carry on, helping Izzie, then they all just gather around and sit in silence. Pondering Later Christina Meredith and George leave to go home and get some rest.  This left Alex and Izzie to themselves, to spend some time together.

When Meredith gets home, Adam says, "hey I heard about Izzy, is she okay? Are you okay? "
"yeah I'll be okay, it's just that... I never expected any of us to get hurt or die or anything. They've been like a family to me when you were gone. "Meredith says, wiping a tear from her cheek.
Meredith sits on the couch, when George, Christina, and Lexie walk in and join her carrying alcohol with them and Adam excuses himself from the room.
" Hey", Meredith says, taking a swig out of the tequila.
" Izzies has cancer," George says with a blank look on his face, " SHe knew she was sick, and never told me."
" She was scared. It was scary. She will be okay.", Christian says.
"She was patient zero." Lexie says taking a sip of the tequila.
Everyone looks at her questingly.
" When she was having the interns do all these different things to diagnose patient zero, it was her. We were diagnosing her.", Lexie clarifies for them.
" Let's talk about something else to get our minds off this," George suggests.
" I broke up with Owen," Christian says, the pain evident in her eyes as she takes another drink.
" My ex-boyfriend is going to be saving my friend's life tomorrow," Meredith says.
" I am in a secret relationship with Mark Sloan," Lexie says nonchalantly taking another drink as well.
Everyone looks at her wondering how Mark is in a relationship but lets the topic drop.
They all continue sitting there, not speaking, just drinking, and listening to some background music. They all contemplate how screwed up everything is.

The next day...
Christina, George, and Meredith all walk into Izzies' room sotting a smiling Izzie and Alez sitting down on the bed talking with her.
"Hey", Meredith says to them.
" We're engaged!!", Izzie says.
"What!" Christina says while we all stared at the two of them.
"Last night, I asked her if she wanted to spend the rest of her life with me," Alex says taking Izzies' hand.
"Congratulations!" Meredith says walking over to them and hugging Izzie.
" Ahh, Evil SOawn has gone soft.", Christian says smirking.
Alex rolls his eyes, and George says, " congratulations."
A second alter Izzies team of doctors including Bailey, and Shepard walk through the door.
Derek shoots Meredith a smile, but she turns her face towards the oncologists.
They all got through Izzy's first surgery and her future treatment.
" Go you guys, be doctors, and save lives," Izzie says as she picks up her knitting supplies.
Hey all walk out of her room saying goodbye as they left, and Lex planting a kiss on her cheek.

Meredith walks down the hall to go to a consult she has in the pit when she hears her na,e.
" Meredith!, Derek shouts making her turn around.
"What," Meredith says staying calm.
" I need to talk to you, about us," he says giving her a small smile.
" You got to be kidding me, Derek. Today you are operating on one of my closes friends, and you want to talk about!." She says feeling the anger boiling inside her.
"I miss you, Meredith, I want to be with you." He says with a pleading look on his face.
" Right now I believe you can save my friend, until then I want to continue focusing on my patients, and the fact that Izzies' brian is going to be cut into in a few hours. So please leave me alone and focus on her." Meredith sys walking away before he can say anything else.