Flashback

Meredith enters the room with Dr. Bailey and gasps, suddenly feeling like she had saw him for the first time all over again.
He had A Cut Above his eyebrow, a broken leg and arm,  a splenectomy, and an appendectomy.   He also was very dirty with dirt and smudges all over.
Meredith's heart was breaking as she looked at him, wondering what he had gone through all those years that he was missing.
all of a sudden she felt very angry and frustrated. Oh, she didn't understand why they couldn't find him and how they did find him. She needed answers; she needed more if they did not tell her enough information on how he was found.
but she knew that she cannot do anything except sit there and hope he got better and be by his side when he wakes up.
Meredith pulled up a chair oh, and that right next to her brother's bedside. dr. Bailey then left the room I'm about to give her some privacy.
as she sat there all she could think about is the day that she found out that her brother was missing.

Flashback
Meredith shared a three-bedroom apartment with her friends Amelia and Sadie. that night they decided to just chill at home eating pizza and watching sappy films.
"oh come on, this is so ridiculous that girl is so much better than that freaking guy. this is why I don't do relationships, sex is just so much better," said Sadie.
"I totally agree with you men are stupid, like come on the other guy I had a one-night stand with some dude and the next day he asked for my number. like what the heck! "said Amelia.
"We are independent, Smart, and hot woman,  we don't need no guy in our life and neither does this girl like come on.",  says Meredith.
"Why are we watching these movies again? It's just irritating. ",  says Sadie
" to make fun of these people, who think it's the end of the world when they really have perfect lives,  unlike us," says Meredith.
"Do you want to know what's irritating? The other day my mother called and asked what if I'm coming home for the summer, and I was like I don't know.  she then got all mad at me,  even though she literally just asked me", said Amelia, " but we all know she would not treat her precious son and other daughters like that."
" my mother doesn't treat either of us that way,  I'm hoping Adams and help come home for a week or so this summer to hang out," says Meredith.
" oh yeah that be so much fun your brother is a blast,  and he's pretty hot.", says Sadie.
" Oh he so is Meredith", says Amelia.
"oh, God! I don't want to think of him like that,  so shut up," says Meridith.
  then the 3 girls heard a knock on the door,  so Amelia got off the couch to answer the door.
When she opened the door, she saw a Military officer who was holding a letter.
"Meredith, Adam sent you another letter.", said Amelia.
"Ooooh, really. I wonder what he wrote, hopefully, it's about him making it back for our graduation next week.", says Meridith curiously.
She says thank you to the officer and closes the door behind him.
Meredith then anxiously opens the letter, dropping the envelope to the floor, she is so excited about her brother writing her, and i is the biggest smile she has ever plastered.
She unfolds the letter and realizes it's not his handwriting, and her smile slightly drops. Amelia and Sadie realized this, so they say, " Hey, what's wrong?"
" Um they, um... sent a letter but it's not Adams writing," says Meredith now nervous for what the letter says.
As Meredith read, her face turned deadly pale.
What wrong?!?!", asked Sadie.
But Meredith says nothing, feeling like she has lost the ability to speak, the tears which were on her face broke down into a slithering stream. She could hold the heartbreak no longer and she fell to the floor in a disheveled heap as her grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears. She started blurting out heart-wrenching sobs, screaming bloody murder.  Moans escaped her lips through the suppressed sound of her raspy breath. She was tried to clutch onto something, to feel like this as realize, nothing felt real, she felt like she was dreaming and would wake up and everything would be okay.  But she would not stop, and she could not wake up because she was not dreaming.
Her friends stared at her, not knowing what was going on, so they lowered to the ground taking her shaking his hand telling her she will be okay.
"NOOO!", Meredith screams through her wailing sobs. Her chest heaves, trying to breathe, but she can't find air.
Sadie says, " Meredith! You have to calm down, you are gonna pass out if you keep crying! Please, Meredith."
Meredith continues to take deeper breaths through her cries, but before they know it her body fully sinks to the ground, and her eyelids close.
Amelia quickly grabs the phone dialing 911, because their friend has now passed out on the floor.
Two hours later...
Meredith wakes up, and her throat feels swollen from all the creams and crying from earlier, she notices that she in a hospital room. Amelia and Sadie rush to her side, and Meredith realizes that she was not dreaming and that her brother really was dead.
"What happened?", said Meredith as a tear threatened to fall down her cheek.
"You passed out while crying, so they hooked you up to an iv." Says Amelia.
"He...He.... he really died, why the hell would he die." Meredith says," I don't know what to do he... I need him he can't leave me... why the hell would he leave me..."
"What exactly happened.", says Sadie.
" I um...the letter said I'm so sorry but he kept missing in action and he's presumed dead.", says Meredith.
" Maybe he's not dead... maybe they lied ...maybe they're wrong," says Meredith as tears brim the edge of her eye.

Two weeks later...
Meredith was a ghostly pale at graduation and convinced Amelia and Sadie to get drunk and have sex with strangers while exploring Europe.
Meredith was out of control, but it was a distraction from the presumed death of her beloved brother.

End of flashback

Merediths eyes fill with tears, as she remembers the memory and smiles realizing that it all does seem like one nasty dream because he is now back with her.