The news

Meredith grey was finishing getting ready in the resident's lounge, she pulled her honey blonde hair back into a ponytail, and slipped into her scrubs. She then went to the nurse station to meet up with Christina and the interns. She and Christina were chatting while walking with their intern groups when...
"Meredith Grey! I swear girl I don't know what you did but some military officers are here and are requesting to talk to you.", says Dr. Bailey with a curious and frustrated expression on her face.
A second ago Meredith was laughing and smiling, and now her eyes are watering, and she looks a lot paler than usual.
"Where are they?", she says, scared at what they are gonna say to her.
Before Dr. BAiley can finish, they hear a very masculine strong voice behind them. They turn around to find Military officers behind them in uniform.
Everyone is now staring at Meredith and the officers, confused about what is happening.
" Dr. Meredith Grey, is that correct?", the officers asked serious expressions on their faces.
"Ye..Yes, um that is ..me. Why?" she says with a stutter.
"There is a helicopter being transported here with a patient that we found being held hostage in the Middle East area, we have officially identified him as Dr. Major Adam Grey. We have taken the liberty to have him brought here, since there are very good medical providers and family at the hospital." the officer says.
Meredith looks absolutely sick and does not know what to do, she feels a tear roll down her cheek, swallowing the gush of tears hiding in her eyes.
"Wait...Your telling me that..... He is ALIVE?", she manages to form the words and ask.
"Yes ma'am, we are not sure about his medical condition but he was found alive, but he will..." They are cut off by Meredith collapsing to the floor, not being able to support herself anymore with the tears pouring out of her eyes.
She manages to stand up, and hugs the officer, thanking them profusely. After she lets go, they turn around and exit the body. Meredith looks enjoyed, worried, and sick all in one.
Everyone who just witnessed the scene is so confused about what just happened, and have never seen Meredith grey breakdown like that. Even when her mother died, she barely shed a tear.
"Meredith are you okay?", asks Lexie with a concerned look on her face for her sister.
"Meredith, what the hell was that?!?", asks Christian flabbergasted that Meredith has a secret unknown to her.
Suddenly Bailey's pager goes off, so does Alex's, and his interns. It read
Incoming helicopter patient, rooftop, trauma.
"Incoming helicopter patient", says Alex.
Meredith's eyes go wide and follow behind them but before she knows it Derek grabs her arm, the elevator doors closing in her face.
She turns around with a sad, and evil look on her face.
"Meredith, what just happened? Are you okay? Who were they talking about? It seemed pretty big.", Derek starts rattling off questions at Meredith.
" Leave me alone Dr. Shepard, it is none of your business, so leave me alone.", says Meredith with a harsh tone.
" fine then do my post-ops.", says Derek.
"No! I am taking the week off.", says Meredith, suddenly realizing shes got to talk to the chief.
" What?!?! You are working, I clearly see you in scrubs", says Derek frustrated with Merediths behavior.
Meredith turns around, ignoring all of Derek's comment.
She is off to the chief's office...