The wedding

Today was the wedding, and Izize was smiling form ear to ear. Today was the day that she got to experience her fairytale wedding. Izzie kept telling Alex that he could not see her today, so CHridtian was the one helping her get ready. So Christina was in Izzie's room with Dr. Bailey made sure she was good to go to the wedding.

" You should see the bridesmaid dress. Oh, and the flowers - - They're being delivered at 5:00. " izzie says smiling while Christian stood up and walked over to Izzies bed and faced Bailey.
"How is her blood pressure." Christtina asked.
" WIthin normal limits" Bailey responded.
"Incision site?"
" uh as expected two weeks after surgery."
" her mets are gone, her blood pressures fina and she is feeling well. Today is my wedding day!" Izzie says.

In the residents lounge Alex is sitting with Meredith.
" hey how are you feeling, about you know getting married.", Meredith asks.
"Surprised, I never pictured someone wanting to marry me." Alex says.
" Well is there anything I can do as the best man, besides carrying your rings. Believe it or not, I have never been someone's best man before." Meredith says, receiving a chuckle from Alex.
" I don't know, believe it or not I have never had a best man before", Alex says they both smile.
"Izzie and you will be happy, It will be a beautiful wedding because she made me test everything." Meredith says.
" Are you bringing anyone to the wedding? Chistina is bringing Owen, Adam is bringing Emma who I heard is like some lawyer he just started dating, even o'malley got a date." Alex asks looking at Meredith.
" yeah, Adam took her on two dates so far, and no I am not bringing anyone. My main priority is to be the best man ever." Meredith says smiling.
" Okay, works for me." Alex says.

Later they all are in Izzies' rooms, Lexie, chrisitna, Adam , bailey, george, Alex, HCristian, and Meredith. They had all just figured out that Izzies mets came back.
" i am so sorry, there is nothing I can do. It is too hard to reach. HSe can go to the wedding though, it won't make anything worse." Derek says excusing himself from the room.
They all just stand there silently until Izzie says, " okay everyone we can pout later, today is Wedding Day and it will be amazing. So disperse so we can get ready.

" Alex.." Meredith says realizing he's crying on a bench outside.
" I think....I think she's going to die on me. But she wont die my fiance, she will die my wife." Alx says sniffling.

Later in the church...
Christian is in the back making sre Izzie is ready, and Merdith and ALex are already at the front. Then the door opens and Christan walks down the aisle. When she reaches the front everyone stands and watches as Izieis gracefully walk down the aisle. Halfway she has trouble walking so George comes out and walks her down and gives her to Alex's waiting hands.
"Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today to celebrate the wedding of Alexander Michael Karev and Isobel Katherine Stevens. This is a sacred right. An ancient right. As Isobel and Alex prepare to join their lives, it is important to understand that everyone present has played a part in shaping their lives. And, will continue to play a vital role in their continuing future. And thus, we are here not only to witness their vows to each other, but to bestow upon them our blessing. And, now the couple will read their vows." the minister says
"Today's the day my life begins. All my life I've been just me. Just a smart mouth kid. Today, I became a man. Today, I became a husband. Today, I became accountable to someone other than myself. Today, I become accountable to you, to our future, to all the possibilities that a marriage has to offer. Together, no matter what happens, I'll be ready. For anything... for everything. To take on life, to take on love, to take on possibility and responsibility. Today, Izzie Stevens, our life together begins. And I, for one, can't wait." Alex says smiling and looking in Izzies eyes
" You never know the biggest day of your life is the biggest day. Not until it's happening. You don't recognize the biggest day of your life, until you're right in the middle of it. The day you commit to someone or something. The day you get your heart broken. The day you meet your soulmate. The day you realize there's not enough time because you want to live forever. Those are the biggest days. The perfect days. Today is the day that I get to marry you, the biggest day of my life. I want to spend every day with you until my last breath. I love you." Izie says
[kisses Alex]
"Ahem, not yet!" the minister says.
"Hurry up." Alex says receiving a chuckle from others.
"By the power vested in me, by god and the state of Washington, I now pronounce you husband and wife." the minister says.
"Now?" izzie says
"Now." the minister says.
Izzie and Alex kiss each other, receiving applause from the crowd.

Later at Meredith's house Lexie, Adam and Meredith are drinking beer on the couch, now out of there wedding clothes.
" that was a lovely ceremony." Lexie says.
" Yeah it was." Meredith responds.
" I am seeing a therapist," Adam says, taking both of them by surprise.
" Okay, um this is off topic. But I assumed you were seeing someone. You have been missing at times and you seem to be even happier lately than normal. More stable if you know what I mean." Meredith says looking at Adam.
" Of course you knew, you know me so well." Adam says.
"Didn't Merdith do some therapy earlier this year," lexie asks receiving a look from Meredith, " Sorry"
" yeah I did do therapy earlier in the year to deal with the drowning and the mom death, and missing brother drama." Meredith says.
Since Adam found out about the drowning she is more open about what all happened while he was gone.
"Christian has been accompanying Owen to his therapy sessions for support. Does that mean they are better now?" Adam asks, looking at Meredith.
"Yeah, CHristina says they are getting better, but the therapist is withholding sex. I am guessing that is hard on both of them." Meredith says chuckling.
" yeah Owen told me that part." Adam says.
" Mark talked to me about getting an apartment. I said that it was a great idea for him to get an apartment for himself. I think he was asking me to move in though, ''Lexie sasy.
" ha, so you just blew him off?" Meredith asks laughing.
" well I did not know what to do!' lexie protests.
"Sorry, Mark told me that he was going to ask you. I did not know if I should have told you about it though." Adam says. Mark and Derek are still not super close, so Mark and Adam have gotten closer as has Owen.
"Well do you want to move in with him," meredith asks.
" I don't know, maybe who knows?" lexie says.
They all sit and ponder till they fall asleep on the couch.

The next day they all get great knews from Derek saying that he can do the surgery, in the end she opts. to have the surgery even  though there are humongous risks. On the way to the OR, Alex is trying to talk Izzie out of the DNR she signed.
" Please, when Dennny signed that DNR you went crazy. Is that what you want? M cutting L-Vads?" Alex asks frustrated.
" No: Izzie says being cut off by Alex again.
" You want to wreck my career? Because I will. Look Just St--Just wait, Stop. You don't get to quit. You don't get to quit on me. Please tear it up. The DNR - - Tear it up!" Alex tells Izzie tears pooling in his eyes as he looks upon her face.
" Where your eyes are supposed to be right now,  I see whit sandy beaches... And there's an ocean behind your head. I can't live like this, and I can't live... If something goes wrong in that surgery  because I don't want to live without living. pLease don't go crazy, I want you to have a brilliant career, and if I can't be there for that then I sut want to go to the otherside. It has to be better than hospital beds. So please understand that. So please don't cut L-vads, if it comes down to it just let me go. Now kiss me, please close your eyes though because the beach is so distracting." Izzie says.
Alex looks at her and sniffles tears slowly slithering down his face, she leans down sharing a beautiful kiss with Izzie hoping it's not his last.  They finish wheeling Izzie off, and Meredith walks up to Alex putting her hand on his shoulder guiding them to an area they can wait for her to get out of the surgery. Little do they know that while all of them are waiting gorge is signing up to be a surgeon in the Military.