I missed u

Four weeks later, Adam was discharged and free to go home, or at least his childhood home. Their house was huge with 5 bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. The house incorporated a kitchen, living space, two offices, a finished basement, another room that used to be a playroom,  and a large dining area. Adam learned that he would be living with His sister along with Lexie, Izzie, and Alex. he found out that his old room has not been touched, because it brought painful memories back to Meredith. He also learned that Izzie is a wonderful baker and a good cook. He was eternally grateful for that because Meredith was a horrible cook.
He now was incredibly bored though, Meredith started back at work two weeks ago, and she visited whenever she could. The problem was that it was hard to visit when you were in separate places. His stitches and stomach wounds had healed. His arm had also healed, but he still had a broken leg and was continuing to use crutches.
He also was pleasantly surprised when he found out that Owen was the new head of trauma here at the hospital.

Flashback

Meredith asked if Adam would want to join them for lunch, he agreed. He went into the wheelchair, and Meredith pushed him down to the cafeteria. He sat in between Alex and Meredith and listened to them talk. They were all pleasant people to be around and was glad Meredith had them for friends. He always liked the loyalty between Amelia and Sadie, but the three of them were always very rebellious and immature.
As he sat there making jokes, and joining in on their conversations when he saw a buff man, wearing navy attending scrubs, with gingerish hair. He noticed that this man seemed very similar to someone he knew from a few years ago.
"Hey, what's the name of the doctor over there", Adam asked.
" That's Dr. Hunt, he is the New head of Trauma," said Christina, Meredith nodding as she talked.
" No way! Hunt! Owen Hunt!" He shouted across the cafeteria, receiving stares.
Owen turned around frustrated, trying to find the person who was calling out his name. That's when he noticed the dirty blond-haired man sitting in the wheelchair with some of the residents. He felt like he was seeing a ghost, last he heard, Adam was dead. Owen cautiously approached the table.
" Um... Adam?"Owen asks, confused." Am I going crazy, I was told you were dead."
" How do you guys know each other?" Meredith asks.
"Umm I was being held captive two weeks ago, I was rescued and brought here, and now am recovering from a bombing.", Adam says.
" oh," Owen says, wrapping his mind around it, " Oh! That's great! God, I am so glad you are alive man! I have missed ya.", Owen says excitedly.
" Me to man, have you met my sister Meredith," Adam asks.
" God, I should have connected the dots the Grey was your sister, you talked about her all the time," Owen says, making Meredith smile.
" Ahhh, you talked about me. So I assume you guys know each other pretty well." Meredith asks.
"Yah we were best bros, I was going to be his best man at his wedding.", Adam says, " Are you guys married ..."
" Oh umm no, we are broken up.", Owen says.
" Thank god! She was horrible for you.", Adam says enthusiastically.
" You were engaged?", Christian says looking at Owen.
Owen kissed Christina a second time a few days ago, and she only told Meredith. Now they steel secret glances at each other and whisper things in each other's ear.
"I was engaged a year ago myself, he was not the right one for me either." Christina comments standing up from the table and walking away to leave him to ponder what she had just said.
"I feel like I am missing something." Adam comments, receiving stop talking glare from his sister.
" Hey man, how about I come by later and we could catch up," Owen suggests.
" yah for sure, here my room number is 316," Adam says, and Owen goes when his pager beeps. Seconds later Adam is left alone again to the residents' pagers also going off.

End of Flashback

The next day Adam and Meredith were going to have a movie marathon, something they used to do together all the time. Meredith had the day off. They started a movie, and Meredith grabbed them both a soda, with some popcorn. About an hour into the movie Meredith got an intense craving for some strawberry ice cream, and Adam wanted some cookie dough.
" I am going to run out to get ice cream, I will be back in around 30 minutes, bye," she says as she grabs her keys and runs out the door.
20 minutes later he hears someone knocking on the door, he was confused because Meredith had the keys, as did everyone else who lived there. So who was at the door?
Adam goes on his crutches and moves over to the door. He opens the wooden door to reveal a man that he recognized.
" Hello, who are you?" Adam asks out of curiosity.
"Is Meredith here, I really need to talk to her.", the man says.
" I don't know who you are, and she is not here anyways. Now I will ask again, who are you?" Adam asks, losing his patience when he sees the man scowled at the mention of his sister not being home.
" Umm, I am Dr. Shepherd, I work at the hospital with Meredith." He says, not sure if Meredith ever mentioned him.
" Okay, she never mentioned you sorry. Would you like me to let her know you stopped by, pass along a message maybe?" Adam asks, being polite, but sensing some backstory.
" No I'm good," Derek says but quickly turns around when he hears.
" You gotta be kidding me! What do you want?" Meredith says as she approached the house, carrying a grocery bag.
" I just wanted to check up on you, to see if you are handling everything okay.", Derek says towards Meredith.
"You don't get to do that, you made your opinion of me very clear a couple of weeks ago, we are no longer together, so we are strictly professional. SO please leave my property Dr.Shephard.", Meredith says.
" Fine I will go but...I still love you Meredith.", Derek says, while Meredith walks into the house closing the door behind her and Adam.

"What was the Meri?", Adam says as they sit back down on the couch opening their individual ice creams.
" My ex-boyfriend," Meredith mumbles.
" Wait...wait a second did you say, boyfriend?", Adam says chuckling.
" Shut up!", Meredith says smirking.
Adam was so surprised about this new information that she had an ex because she never had a boyfriend before. Endless you counted Jackson, who were like friends with benefits, who denied any feeling they ever had for each other.
" So, what happened?" Adam asks intrigued.
" If I tell you, no getting mad.", Meredith says with a serious face.
Adam nods, preparing himself for what he is going to hear.
" The night before my first day as an intern I slept with Derk, next day I get to work and find out he is the chief of neurosurgery. I avoid him but he chases and wears me down. I give in, to the point where we are in a relationship and I am falling for him hard. Then one day as we are heading out of the hospital and I meet his wife." Adam looks like he's about to scream, but Meredith holds up her hand and continues, " He get back with his wife, and I work with them both. They get divorced and he asks me out again like five months later,  we get back in a relationship, then big things happened and we were rocky. I tell him to not give up on me, we said we loved each other. Then he goes and cheats on me, and when I get mad at him he threw some of my insecurities in my face."
Adam gets out of his chair and walks to the kitchen with his crutches. He grabs a water bottle and sits down. Meredith can tell he is trying to stay calm.
" I really want to go punch his face." Adam says infuriated.
" Adam first you are hurt, and secondly he is my boss," Meredith says hoping he does not do anything stupid.
" He is... he is a complete ass," Adam says.
" We call him mcjerk, so if that makes you feels better.," Meredith says turning in another movie and curling up next to her brother.
" Yeah, it does," he says shoving a bite of ice cream in her mouth.