Background

Meredith Grey is a very intelligent woman, who
graduated high school at the age of 16, where she then went on to Dartmouth college. She loved the freedom of being away from her mother, so she partied a lot, but continued to get her studies in.
Merediths father left when she was five years old, and from then on she never saw him again. Since she grew up with no father, she always felt closer to her 5-year older brother named Adam.
Adam was born when Ellis, there mother, was in her last year of med school. She never knew who the father was, but she decided to keep the child. After she had Adam she met Thatcher who seemed sweet, and a god husband and father to her/Adam. When Adam was two, Thatcher and Ellis got married. When Ellis was a third year resident she gave birth to Meredith.
When Thatcher left Adam was 10 years old, and hated him for leaving his sister and mom. Plus thatcher was his adoptive father. His mom became less close to her children and worked more. She tried really hard to care for the children, but the better she got at surgery the less focused she was on Meredith and Adam. Adam suffered less because her already was a teenager but Meredith was still a child and needed attention. Ellis mostly got nanny's for Meredith so she would not be alone.
Adam learnt a lot from his mother so he graduated when he was 16 just like Meredith. Sadly this means he had to leave Meredith, so he could go to Yale. Meredith started to rebel more to get her mother's attention, but she always kept up with her studies so she could graduate early like her brother. When Meredith turned 16 she graduated highs hook and Adam finished Yale medical school, where he went on to do his residency in the military program.
Ellis was very disappointed , but him and Meredith kept in touch.
When Meredith was 20, Adam was 25 and a board certified/ military Cardiothoracic trauma surgeon. What but a month later Meredith received a letter in the mail saying that her brother was missing. They look for him very hard but he was declared presumed dead. Meredith had graduated college, and was so upset that she went back packing around Europe to have sex and get drunk.
Meredith got her act together when she was 21 and starting Dartmouth medical school.
4 years later...