💞Chapter 18: Great 'friend'

Previous:

"MoonWatcher. Am I correct?" A voice said above her.

Moon froze, knowing that voice anywhere. She looked up to see Shadow and three other girls around him, all looking down at her.

Now let's get to the story:

"That's correct" she answered, her voice a little wobbly as she continued to pick up her stuff.

Wait, why do many people around him? Is he that popular alright?
Each tribe had a leader, it mostly went throughout popularity. Most of the time the leaders were females although if Shadow was more popular then the others then he would be in lead.

Moon finally got up and apologized again, slightly bowing.

"Now wait a minute" Shadow said before she had a chance to leave.

"How come I haven't seen you around lately?" He circled her a little bit, eyeing every inch of her as the girls in front looked displeased.

"I'm not sure" Moon said quickly, her body slightly shivering in nervousness.

"Well, I want to see you more around" His voice low enough for only her to hear as he eyeing her curves.

"You may go now" Shadow waved his hand and faced back to the three girls standing.

"Thank you" Moon whispered and tried her hardest to walk calmly out of the hallway.

After she was out of view she ran, ran and ran. Until she felt a pole and rested there, were no one was near.

They are judging you.
Did you see the way they looked at you?
Why didn't you cover up more?
WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING??!
So many thoughts drowned into her mind as she cover her face with a shelve.

A flashback appeared in her mind.

Younger Moon was pushed to the ground.
"Can even protect yourself!" A boy yelled at her.
"What a loser" another boy nodded his head in disappointment.
She was kicked away, harder this time.
"Why don't you do anything?! Some NightWing you are!" The main boy tsk.
Moon tried to get up with her rusted ankles. Her tears burry her vision.
But once again she was pushed to the ground.
"Look how weak you are!" The boy yelled

"No wonder your father left you!!" He yelled again.

"Moon your amazing, don't let anyone tell you otherwise." Moon's mom told her as she wrapped her arms around her, smelling her sweet sent of cookies and laundry.

"Where's father? People are asking me about him?" Moon jumped on her mother's long white dress.
"Your father.... is an idiot"
"Because look at what's he missing" she said but Moon could see her mothers sad, sad eyes.

Something snapped in Moon, ignoring the pain as she got up quickly.
She raised her hand up night and punched the boy in front of her, causing him fall down.
"I hate you!"
"I hate you!!"
"I HATE YOU!"
"I'LL SHOW YOU!"
"ILL SHOW ALL OF YOU!"
She yelled at the three boys.
But two of them went running to the boy that got punches.
"Wake up! wake up!" He yelled.
He turned his head at Moon.
"You Monster! Look at what you did to him"
He faced back at the boy.

"Shadow? Shadow? Wake up!"

The flashback faded away.

Peoples whispers crashes into her.

'No enough of a NightWing'
'You don't belong here'
'Stop trying to fit in'
'You're not one of us'
'Idiot, you're making up look dumb'
'Got out of here'
'Leave us alone, we don't want you here'

Moon couldn't help it, those same echoes repeated many times a day when she did a mistake or felt like people were judging her. All her life, she just wanted to fit in. For the NightWings to treat her if she was worth something. her heart ached, she wanted to grab her heart. She went like she was going to cry, she wanted to. She wanted to let all the tears out....but she couldn't.

She pulled herself upwards with the force of the cemented poll.

She was supposed to strong, like her mother always told her. Moon promised that she would always be as strong as her Mother was.

Her mother was crying, alone and sad. But she would stop when she saw Moon blinking at her. She guessed that was a mom's job.

She crunched her fist and walked throughout the halls. She was about to enter the library until she remembered she would Qibli about it. The cafeteria. No one will notice her there. Moon walked down the table and took out her book, trying to drive into the fiction.

Time passes by until she felt hands on her shoulder, making her jump a little.

"Hey...why weren't you in the library?" Qibli faced her, out of breath.

"I literally asked the librarian, she knew you and said that you weren't there at all. So I came here."
Moon looked up at him with disbelief.

"Hey, you look a little off, what happened? You okay?" Qibli sat down but felt Moon take his hand.

"Thank you" she whispered.
Qibli was confused but decided to enjoy the moment.

"Your very welcome" he grinned at her.

"You're a great friend" she laughed, although it sounds like she was crying?
Oof, friend zoned, Qibli felt like he was hit with a bomb but kept on a smile.

"Hey your distracting me, are you alright?" He tried to move her head upwards but she was just keeping her head down.
"Come on, let me see that pretty face" he joked.
That made Moon heart jumped a little, making her loosen her up, making her face jot up, next to Qibli's.

"Well that was easy" he wrinkled his nose, trying to calm down his smile from spreading more.

"Well your nose is certainly pink" he added as Moon swing her head away form his hand.

"Whatever" she mumbled, covering her nose.
"How was your time with Cactus?"

"Oh! I mean she's nice and all" he looked intensely at Moon, maybe showing a sign in her face that she was jealous... not like he wanted that or something.

"That's good.. " she turned around and got up, patting her skirt from the dirt on the bench.

"I'll see you tomorrow Qibli" Moon smiled down at him and walked away.

"I'll walk with you" he blurted, he just wanted to spend a little more time with.

Qibli paused. Did he liked her that much? That he wound spend all his free time with her? Thoughts ran through his head.
Well, he wasn't going to give up her!

Or was he?