Chapter one

𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓰𝓴𝓸𝓸𝓴

MY eyes widen at the sight of my mother entering my office, leaving me groaning, knowing what she's going to say. Because she has been saying the same thing for the past few months, leaving me frustrated.

"What are you doing here?" She asks as she eyes the files on my desk. Then, she turns to look at Seojin, my assistant, as one of her hands goes up to lift her sunglasses.

"Jeon Jungkook, didn't I tell you to go and meet-" I cut her off, dropping the pen onto one of the files before pulling onto my sleeves onto my elbows.

"I'm always busy" I respond, "I don't have time to go on dates," My voice sounded low and almost inaudible it was loud enough for my own mother to hear, knowing that she is always unsatisfied by my answer.

"Bullshit."

"Excuse me?" I said waiting for her to continue on as she takes a few steps closer towards me. Her right-hand holds onto her phone, shoving it towards my face, making me lean my head back in surprise.

"Scandals ..." She scoffs, shaking her head, "Don't feed me lies as if l'm a child. We both know about your pathetic reputation," She scrolls down her phone, her nose scrunching in disgust; showing it clearly through her expressions.

"Look at this." She adds. I lean to look at her phone, my picture was taken randomly a few days ago while someone was holding onto my forearm as we were entering the hotel.

"Why are you even keeping up with these things?" I ask, completely dissatisfied.

I am an adult and old enough to control my own life, yet she's busy trying to alter mine. I mean, I can't just walk down the street and ask a stranger to marry me, that's just plain stupid.

"Because you're my son and you're embarrassing our family with your one-night stands. Where's the benefit of it all? What about the dates I've set you up?" She takes a seat near my desk as she sighs.

once more, My eyes wander to Seojin who is currently, awkwardly standing beside me, giving him signs to make an excuse for us to leave. He seems to be getting my signals as he clears his throat.

"Unfortunately, Mrs. Jeon.. Sir has another meeting in five and it's very-" He is cut off by my mom glaring at him, "Uh... I think it's important," He adds, his voice almost inaudible.

"Seojin, do you want me to fire you?" She asks, leaving me rolling my eyes in disbelief.

"He works for me You can't do that," I answer and she raises an eyebrow "And you work for me. I can do as I please." She says.

"Mom, Why are you so eager for me to get married?" My voice is rising as try my best to control my temper but she's doing her best to make me lose control.

"Because you're wasting your time. Set your brother as an example, he got himiself a wife and they currently have a lovely daughter. All I'm asking you to do is be a responsible man instead of wasting your money on women who don't secure your future. You're acting like a spoiled man" She says, deadly serious.

As soon as I'm about to say another word, she has already beat me to it before showing an unknown picture of a woman on her phone with a cheeky smile plastered on her face.

"Family gathering. This Sunday, Bring your future wife or you'll have to marry the woman of my choice. Perhaps one of the dates you've canceled? Maybe even Luqi" She said before standing up and walk away.

"It's in three days, How am I supposed to find someone to marry in three days?" I reply.

"Jeon Jungkook, you managed to scoop yourself different one-night stands in about an hour, how hard can it be to find yourself a wife?" She stops for a while, "I assume you're already interested in someone as of why you've rejected all of the dates I've assigned you to go on" She turns around as she heads towards the door.