Chapter six

𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓰𝓴𝓸𝓸𝓴

With a deep breath, I raise my right hand to press onto the doorbell but as my finger is inches away, the door swings open; revealing Chaeyoung who's currently putting studs on her ears. She eyes down my suit and tie, a smile plastered on her face before gesturing for me to come in.

"That was quick," I say as she closes the door behind us. Then, I turn to see her making her way towards the kitchen, glancing at herself in the mirror. She chuckles as my eyes wander around her apartment, everything seems to be the same except for the sofa; it was not leather, before.

Just as l'm about to ask her about the sudden change of sofa, I'm left speechless as she turns to look at me--the beauty she holds mesmerizes me, the dress glittering due to the downlight shining brightly. It's not just her dress but it's her.

The way her makeup enhances her face to make it more appealing than changing her natural features, she is an absolute goddess. My heart begins to beat utterly fast as I only stand and stare at her without her realizing how much I see beneath her beautiful features, she's perfect..breathtakingly, perfect.

"You know...I smacked him again," She says, chuckling softly. "I mean, he was being fairly annoying and I had no other choice-we both know how Jimin is whenever he sees me. He acts like a different person...babbling and just saying things I don't even want to know," She adds.

"Yeah, he's like that," I mutter after clearing my throat again, catching her attention after seeing her raising an eyebrow at me before taking a few steps towards me. "What?" I ask as soon as I realize how close we are, letting me uncomfortably shift.

She places the back of her hand on my forehead, "Do you have a fever? A sore throat?" She asks, making me roll my eyes and push her hand away. Our faces are inches apart.

"I'm good, perfect...wonderful," I reply, fixing my suit as she shrugs, looking at herself in the mirror again-ignoring me, completely which eases me more. "Can you help me?" She asks, making me turn to look at her.

My eyes wander to her hands and seeing that she's currently pointing behind her neck, asking me to help her tie the dress which leaves me nodding, slowly making my way towards her with both of my hands tying the dress without wanting to make any skin contact yet I fail, miserably.

I look down at her back, before pulling away as soon as l'm done. She turns towards me, "How do I look? My hair? My makeup? My dress? Everything looks fine to you or do I need to change? You can be honest with me...I don't mind," She asks, her eyes are widening with every word escaping her mouth before receiving a nod from me.

"You look beautiful, Chae" I reply honestly, heading towards her with a smile appearing on my face which causes her to smile back.

Both of us are staring at one another for a few seconds before letting me break the eye contact and make my way towards the front door, gesturing for her to step out whenever she's ready.

Ever since Chaeyoung and I agreed to the agreement or more specifically, the contract, I've never paid much attention to other women in particular for...enjoyment. I've kept myself busy and mostly focus on work other than enjoying my time like how I used to with Jimin before the contract was made.

There's no way I'm going to ruin the possibility of my mother stopping asking me about my life, my commitment, and my marriage with temporary satisfaction. It's just a temptation that I have to endure for a year for the sake of my present and future.