Chapter eleven

𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓰𝓴𝓸𝓸𝓴

"What if I told you that your bride-to-be has somehow ran away?" Jimin appears from the door, his hand gripping onto his phone as he looks at me with slight worry causing my eyes to wander across his face in search for lies.

Just as I'm about to speak up, he has already burst out into laughter before entering the room. "You, nugget. You should've seen the look on your face. Can we do that again because I need to record it?" He raises his phone up with a wide grin plastered on his face, clearly enjoying my reaction.

"That was not funny," I replied as I turn to look at the mirror again, fixing my tie. "In fact, you shouldn't joke around with things like that. What if my mom heard you?" I question before I start to take a few steps away from the mirror, eyeing down my suit; wanting myself to look very attractive and mouth-watering on my wedding day.

He rolls his eyes, "Mrs. Jeon and apparently, most of the XX chromosomes in your family are with Chaeyoung" He continues to speak as his lips curve up into a smile, "I also heard that she's very beautiful today. I'm not sure if you'll be able to stand up straight when you see her,"

"Who?" I asked, continuing to eye myself in the mirror before turning to look at him. "Chaeng Obviously," He replied. "I thought she has always been beautiful? How can she be any different today?" My question seem to have cause him to laugh, again.

I looked up at the door, seeing my father standing with a smile on his face. He looks at me with proud and happiness glistering in his eyes.

He takes a few steps towards me, "You clean up well, son. Your mother and I will always be happy for you and proud of every decision you make," He said, leaving me nodding my head with a smile.

All of a sudden, Junghyun appears near the door with Hana holding onto his hand. As soon as she sees me, her eyes widen before running towards me- causing me to pick her up from her feet.

"Uncle kookie, you look pretty." She said, both of her arms wrapping around my neck. Both Junghyun and Dad watch with smiles on their faces. 'Uncle Kookie'...Hana calls me that ever since she learned how to talk.

"What about me? We played dolls together," Jimin starts to speak up as he pretends to be slightly hurt from not receiving any compliments from her, "We even had our own tea time and I thought it meant something in our friendship," He adds, crossing his arms. She chuckled, "You look okay, uncle Jim"

"I think I look more than okay. Probably, perfect but beautiful, at least." He turns to look at Junghyun, "One of the reasons why I taught my son to say nice words to people because sometimes, the truth can hurt."

Jimin said, leaving Junghyun to scoff at his childish behaviour. Just as the three of us, start to enjoy the dramatic Jimin my wedding planner starts to knock onto the door before stepping in-her eyes company wandering around the room.

"Hana, baby. Are you ready to go and walk down the aisle with Aunt Chaeyoung? We better get you in position," She said and I slowly place her down on the ground, letting her run towards the wedding planner "We better get going, then" Junghyun said.

My eyes wander to the mirror beside me, staring at myself a little bit longer than before; wanting to look handsome-especially in Chaeyoung's eyes.

Instead of finding myself staring at her in awe or losing the ability to stand straight when I see her, I'd want her to find herself pulled towards me as her heart beats fast when she sees me.

My eyes wander around the amount of people that are seated as they turn to look at me, walking down the aisle with a smile plastered on my face.

Fortunately, the wedding is a private wedding where only both of our families and friends are only attending.

I've made sure of it as Seojin was the one who was checking the list of guests, not letting anyone in without an invitation card. Jimin, Junghyun and Seojin was trailing behind me when I was walking but now they're all standing near me-waiting for the arrival of the bride.

For some reason, my heartbeat is beating faster than usual as people are starting to stand up and leaving me glancing down the aisle, waiting for the familiar face to show up. Just as I look up, my eyes widen at the sight of her.

Her eyes are nervously looking at the people around her as her lips are slowly curving up into a smile, leaving me stare at her in awe. As her eyes look up to meet mine, everything around me stops.

Just from the sight of her, I am completely blinded by the sight of others including my niece, Hana who seems to be throwing petals of roses onto the ground. It takes me awhile to let my lips curve up into a smile at Chaeyoung as our eyes are still staring at one another.

Mr. Park pecks onto his daughter's cheek as I step down, slowly making my way towards her. As soon as we're close enough, he places her hand onto mine; leaving me grip onto it as we both turn to look at one another, everyone is being seated down.

The hall is left with no sound as the priest starts to say, "We gather here to unite these two people in marriage. Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes and dreams. It takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times and be loving and selfish."

After that Jimin walks up to give us the rings, instantly letting us exchange rings. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," The priest said and my heart skips a beat as my hands go up to cup onto her face, leaning in.

Glancing one last time into her eyes before looking down at her lips, I see they're curving up into a smile as our lips meet. Eyes close at the sudden jolts of electricity overflowing in my veins which causes me to deepen the kiss, ignoring the claps coming from the crowd as if there's only the two of us.

As I break the kiss, Jimin has already pulled both of us into a bone-crushing hug; trying my best not to die out of suffocation.

"That was really cute," he said before letting us go. I glanced at our parents and families as they all clap and smile at us.

It's not a surprise to see my mom and Mrs. Park to wipe their tears from streaming down their cheeks, leaving me turning to look at Chaeyoung, again who is waving at Hana "Wait," I said as soon as we've entered the lobby, letting the rest of the guests to head straight towards the banquet hall before us.

As we enter the banquet hall, we stop in the middle of the entrance as we both look around at the decorations.

The sky has darken as our wedding was being held in the evening due to a better sky view during the ceremony which is the best choice as the stars are a brighter tonight, including the moon.

I looked at Chaeyoung, seeing her smiling as she stares around in awe, Ever since she was busy at work most of the time, I had planned the decorations with my mother and Mrs. Park....She did a great job describing Chaeyoung's likings.

"I didn't expect this," She said. I smiled at her reaction "It's all for you." Surprisingly, the music starts to play which causes me to looked at her who has a smile on her face before placing both of my hands on her waist as she places both of her hands on my shoulders.

"You chose Perfect by Ed Sheeran huh?" I asked, looking down at her face and instantly realising that we're inches apart.

"I didn't," She replied with a smile on her face. Our eyes are staring into one another- remembering how we didn't exactly rehearse this during our rehearsal dinner because both of us knew how to slow dance.

"Thank you, Chaeyoung for everything. You've been a great bestfriend and all you ever did is make me happy. I'm more than grateful for what you've done," I continue to speak "And you're very beautiful, today." I added.

"Today? What about any other day?" She raises an eyebrow, making me chuckle at the sight of her grin.

"Well, that's not fair because you're beautiful everyday. Honestly, I think I drooled a little bit and I'm only telling this to show how you are very mesmerising." I replied.

"You're welcome. I want to thank you for everything that you've done for me, too. There's no one out there that can replace you...you will always be my best friend. No matter what we go through, we'll go through it together. Okay?" She raises her right hand and I look down to find her lifting her pinky finger. my lips are curving up into a smile, I let my pinky finger entwine with hers and we both start to laugh.