Chapter seven

𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓰𝓴𝓸𝓸𝓴

ALL eyes are on me, Without sparing a single glance towards their direction, I stop near the information counter; realising that the receptionist has already eyed me from afar as she fixes her hair, quickly asking her colleagues about her makeup and her hair.

"Hi," She smiles, her lips widening. "How may I help you?" She asks, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she stares deeply into my eyes, causing me to smile back after clearing my throat; wanting to ease the discomfort.

"I'm actually here to see my fiancée," I reply and the smile on her face fades away immediately before turning to look at something behind me, causing me to follow her gaze. My eyes landed on Chaeyoung who has both of her hands shoved into her coat's pocket as she walks with her other two colleagues.

Within seconds, our eyes meet as she stops walking. Her colleagues turn to look at me, their eyes widening in surprise before whispering to one another. They pat onto Chaeyoung's shoulder, gesturing for her to head towards me as she stands there and smile.

"You've found her," The receptionist says, making me make my way towards Chaeyoung. With every step I take, it is causing the other female doctors and nurses to turn their heads, paying attention to us which is slightly surprising.

"What are you doing here, jungkook? Don't you have work to do other than stalking me here at the hospital?" She asks, her eyes are already piercing deeply into mine-making me clear my throat.

Her gaze has never affected me much in the past. To be honest, her gaze has never affected me at all except for now or recently which is quite surprising. For an unknown reason, the way her eyes just stares deeply into mine, sends shiver down my spin to an uncertain level.

Maybe, I'm overthinking about it or being too observant due to the amount of stress from work but.....I can't tell.

"You're up for lunch? I need you to sign the contract," I answer, holding my car keys and phone on my left hand as I gesture for her to walk out of the hospital and straight towards my car which is parked at the front.

She glances down at her wrist watch, "Let's go. I'm free until three," She says and we both walk side to side, towards my car. Once we're getting closer, I press the car keys to unlock the car before opening the door for her; leaving her chuckling as she gives me a flying-kiss.

"Thanks, baby." She winks. My lips curve up into a smirk at her sudden role-play before closing the door and heading straight towards the driver's side, entering the car.

"Where to?" She asks, as she turns the volume up after choosing a song. My body eases at the sound of the music. "Falling" by Harry styles has always been one of my favourite song.

"Choose a place because your wish is my command," I reply, faking a slight accent which causes both of us to chuckle as she says the name of her favourite café.

Of course, she will start requesting for me to buy her lunch for a week because she has stated that as one of her conditions but let's just hope she forgets about it, for now.

The car ride is filled with silence as she sings to the songs being played, enjoying herself. Chaeyoung is always like this when she's riding in a car with me-either she'll be the one driving or sitting in the passenger's seat, she will just sing to her heart's content. At times, I would join her.

"We're here," I mutter as I park the car, finding a good spot near the café. We both step out of the car as we walk towards the café. As soon as we step inside, we are greeted by Samuel.