Chapter twelve

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓮𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰

"Can you give me a hand?" I asked, putting stacks of books into the empty box in front of me; not wanting to leave the apartment without having them near my side...reading is one of the things that I can never stop doing, no matter how convincing someone might be to stop me.

Jungkook walks towards my direction before stopping near me, leaving me to look up at him and see that he's currently giving me a mannequin's hand which causes me to flinch.

He leans his head back into laughters, enjoying my reaction as I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, not expecting him to literally give me a hand. "Where the hell did you get that?" I immediately ask as he continues to laugh.

"Chae, years of knowing you never thought ... you were a creep. I found it in the store room and I don't even know why you have it," He replied.

"Give me that," I said as I try to take it away from him but he starts to lift it up, away from my reach due to our heights. "Very funny. now give it to me."

"If you want it, come take it." He winked, making a run towards the kitchen.

Within seconds, Im already running after him without caring if we end up making a mess in the process, even though the main reason coming to my apartment, in the first place was to pack my clothes and necessities.

"Jungkook, I'm not psychically fit like you, stop!!" I exclaim.

"Blame yourself for that," He replied. "You should've agreed to me when I invited you to jog around the block, at least once a week but no... you insisted on going to work." He added.

Just as I'm about to say something, I suddenly remember that he does have a weakness. His weakness is something I've learned years ago when we were teasing each other and by far, I'm the only one who knows about it; not even Jimin knows about it.

The only reason why he insisted on not letting anyone know and never letting his guard down is because he's embarrassed of anyone ever finding out.

It's simple. He's ticklish.

"you can have the plastic hand. I don't want it anymore," I cross my arms before locking my gaze with his-letting him furrow his eyebrows, not expecting me to give up easily.

My reflexes react quickly as I run towards him, tickling the side of his waist which causes him to lose his balance and fall down onto the ground but pulling me with him.

My grip on his waist tightens, preparing myself for the fall as he let go of the mannequin's hand in order to wrap his arms around my waist-not letting my body receive the impact. With a loud thud, we both fall onto the ground.

He groans as he was the one who had received the impact while I landed on top of him-making myself stare down onto his face.

Our faces are only inches apart....somehow very close and could lead into something more but all we do is just stare at one another, deeply into each other's eyes.

All of a sudden, the doorbell starts to ring which causes us to blink away from the trance. I immediately lift my body up and away from his as he clears his throat, trying to make the surrounding less awkward.

"I'll get the door," We both said at the same time, quickly breaking the eye contact afterwards. "I'll just... place the hand where it came from," He said, standing up and walking towards the back without paying a second glance.

Without further ado, I gaze at myself in the mirror to fix my hair before heading towards the door. My eyes roll towards the back at the sight of my other best friend, Park Jimin.