Chapter two

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓮𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰

My stomach begins to hurt as I continue to laugh, wanting to give him some credit for making me genuinely laugh.

"Okay, look. I think it's too early for a birthday prank but where are the cameras?" I ask, eyes wandering around the cafe, seeing that most of the people here are staring at us.

"Weird people" Someone says. I begin to realize that Jungkook has done nothing but stare at me. Not smiling at all like how he would always react whenever he makes a silly joke.

I lean back on my seat. Deep inside, I start to realize how l'm beginning to feel uncomfortable-more likely with his stare and the way he's just sitting there while l've been busy bursting out laughing.

"Are you done?"

"You're joking...right?" I ask, my voice low and almost inaudible as I lean forward, not wanting anyone else to hear our conversation. Then, he leans forward, too, with his face inches apart from mine.

"No," He answers before leaning back.

"Wrong answer. Take that back." the urge to just smack his face to turn his smile upside down was so real.

"Why would I joke about this? In fact, Chaeyoung..I'm actually very serious but you managed to surprise me. I didn't expect a reaction like that when I asked someone to marry me," He replies.

As I slam my hands onto the table, "You're asking me to marry you, for god's sake. How do you expect me to react? Jump with joy? You're out of your damn mind," I said before crossing my arms in disbelief.

"If you're not going to marry him, I will." The waitress says as she serves our food, her eyes are looking at him before turning to look at me.

"Do you want to marry her?" I ask, pointing at the waitress as she stands beside our table. She has her right hand on her hip before glancing at Jungkook who seems to be speechless.

He clears his throat, "No. No, thank you!"

"Well, if you ever change your mind. you know where to find me," She adds before turning to walk back towards the kitchen, while Jungkook and I, blankly stare at one another, I quickly drink my water until my final sip while he stares at me, letting me take my time.

As I keep on drinking, I raise my right index finger up as a sign for him to wait. "I can't breathe," I mutter.

"Fine. I'll give you a minute to breathe," He replies before taking a bite of his sandwich. Eyes are never leaving mine yet he continues to eat his food as he continuously checks the watch on his wrist. He must've lost his mind.

He has never reacted this way or taken our friendship to the next level-we've always been friends. Close friends and I'm pretty sure, both of us wanted it to last that way... except now.

Everything around me seems to disappear as I am left on my own, trying to figure out what the hell is happening with my life. This morning, I woke up praying for a better reason to wake up every other morning other than waking up for coffee but I did not expect this.

God must've been confused about my prayer.

"Can you breathe, now?" He asks, breaking me from my thoughts as I look down at his plate, seeing that he has finished his sandwich. When he doesn't get a response from me, he begins to sigh.

"You should've listened to my explanation first because you're overreacting," He continues to speak, taking a glance at his phone to check the time before turning to look at me again.

"There's an explanation to this?" I ask.

"There's an explanation to everything. If only you wouldn't jump to conclusions then, you would've understood more. The reason why I'm asking you to marry me is because I want you to help me," He answers, "And, you're also the only one who can help."