Chapter twenty one

𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓰𝓴𝓸𝓸𝓴

I gaze at myself in the mirror, staring at my reflection - standing in a short-sleeved shirt and slacks; getting ready for work.

It annoys me that I can't be wearing any suits until I get my cast off, knowing that I won't be able to stride along the office's hallway in a suit and tie.

My eyes wander towards the figure standing near the door; hesitating on whether she should enter or not.

"Need any help?" She asked, clearing her throat.

"What kind of help are you offering?"

She stepped inside, "Something about helping you get ready:"

"How about helping me get unready?" I turned to face her, seeing her cheeks redden immediately, as I run my fingers across her cheek and to her ear, tucking strand of hair that slipped.

She looked up at my hair, before glancing down at my outfit. "You seem to look perfectly fine for someone who did it with one hand"

"I should've just stood naked and let you help me with the rest, please remind me to do that next time... then, maybe we could see how perfectly fine we'd look after messing with each other?" I responded as she scoffed.

"You still have a few days off, why do you want to go to work?"

"Look who's asking." I said turning around to pick up my phone on my bed checking out the unread emails. "I have a lot of unsettled things at the office if I bother to just stay home and do nothing, can't have anything finished by then."

"You can work from home. Aren't you the slightest worried about your recovery?"

I stopped scrolling to look up at her, "I have a doctor as a wife and i trust that she can take care of me perfectly fine without me being worried. Besides, working from home is just another distraction when I see you walking around the house."

"You and your teases," She muttered.

She won't stop looking at me as I continue to scroll down my mails before replying to a few of them from important clients realising that I left them in the dark for the past days when I was in Busan.

"Let me drop you off at your office" I lift my head up-abruptly to stop typing.

"That won't be necessary. I'm calling Seojin to pick me up," Just as I'm about to press onto the number on my dial pad, she has already taken the phone away.

"He lives closer to the office and it would only make his drive longer than necessary and maybe, we can even grab breakfast on the way. A speedy recovery requires a sufficient amount of energy." She assured me.

"I don't want to be late, but...on second thought, it sounds great."

"Let's go" She pulled me out of my room as she continue to grab onto my hand before reaching out for her car keys.

As soon as we entered the car, she started the engine before glancing at my direction. "Put your seatbelt on, we don't want you breaking your other arm."

"Thanks for the reminder, ma'am" I breathe out, pulling the seat belt using my uninjured hand; having minor difficulties. "Can't Fucking wait for my bones to heal and take this cast off," I Mumble.

Then she starts to lean in towards me to help me, the scent of her fragrance hitting my senses.

Within seconds, we are already on the road, the car ride almost deadly silent if not for the song being played in the car. At times, we would always sing along or act completely foolish but for some reason, we're both left in our own thoughts.