Chapter nineteen

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓮𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰

"I have a question," Jungkook said, causing me to turn and look at him as we sit on opposite sides from one another on the ferris wheel; watching the crowd below, "Why did you break up with Taehyung?" He asked.

"You're direct" I laughed.

"I mean....I know that you broke up with him but you never told me why, I want to know, because from my point of view he seems like a really nice guy. He was in love with you. So, why?"

His question seems more off than I expected, not that I didn't expect him to never ask questions like this but the reason why I broke up with Taehyung was never discussed.

Jungkook's right, Taehyung was or still is a nice guy. He has always been there for me, no matter what or when. He understood me most and he took care of me when I needed him. There was no such thing as giving space when it comes to him because when we fight, it'll only last for a few minutes he'd come straight to apologise, even though, sometimes... I was the cause of our fights and arguments.

"I'm like the bad guy here, aren't I?" I smiled, playing with my fingers as he continue to look at me; only waiting for my answer.

"I didn't mean it like that, I just want to know why" He replied.

"Okay... let me just tell you the whole story, then. You know how we met, right? We clicked right away and things just went with the flow; he couldn't keep himself away from me and I had fallen for his charms. He was like no other regular guy because he understood me like no one does, no offence... all I'm trying to say is that, he was a great boyfriend." I said, earning myself a smile from him.

"I was the cause of our breakup. I didn't wanted to hurt him,"

He furrow his brows "What do you mean?"

I hesitate for a moment before continuing, "I was always busy. Wait, no... I am always busy. Things were going on fine for the first few months but as soon as I got myself occupied with work, I started to spend less time with him. I'd even forget about our dates every time he planned them," I replied.

Truth be told, I hate it when I'm being reminded of what happened to my past relationship. People would say that we were perfect and that we'd get married one day, but things didn't work out as they said.

There is nothing wrong with Taehyung; he is too perfect. There was just something wrong with me.

"I even forgot about our first anniversary. So, when I got home... he was sitting at the dining table, all by himself; the candle had gone off and he was just staring at the empty plates, the empty spot in front of him where I would've been sitting. We didn't talk for days, he shut me out for constantly being busy but it didn't bother me much," I frowned.

I looked up at jungkook's face, seeing him all surprised by my story. "Why? Why do you look surprised?"

"It's just that, you forgot about your first anniversary with him? You busied yourself with work in order for you to forget about the whole thing instead of solving things out," He continued to speak.

"What was I supposed to do? I forgot that it was even our anniversary; I don't have time to remember a lot of things at once."

My voice raising with every word I speak, not realising how hard I'm trying to defend myself; even though, deep down, I know it all began with me.

I should've apologised and I should've fixed things between us but I didn't. He fixed things between us because he didn't want to lose me; his effort was worth more than mine.