Chapter sixteen

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓮𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰

TO say that I regret this decision on going to Busan with Jungkook is an understatement because apparently, I quite like it. We might be spending a week in there, enjoying our time with the family.

Being friends for as long as twenty years is worth more. We used to spend so much time together when we were kids, teenagers and even in universities but unfortunately, after both of us had gone to our own paths in our careers, we lost the time to spend.

"There they are," He said, making me turn and follow his gaze.

Mrs Jeon and Jennie are standing with smiles on their faces as they both wave towards our direction; gesturing for us to take our steps towards them. Both Jungkook and I pull onto our luggage, side to side and heading straight as I take glances down the road.

Mrs Jeon pulls me in for a hug and slowly raise her hands and pat onto my back. It's not a strange gesture but our relationship was quite different before...she was my best friend's mother but now she's also my mother-in-law.

"We're so glad that you both made it," She said as we both break the hug "We can spend more time as a family together and you two can even consider this as your honeymoon. It brings back old memories to me whenever I'm here...and I hope it can bring you memories in the future, too."

"Right... where's the rest?" Jungkook asked, looking around.

"They're all waiting for you at home," Jennie replied. "Hana was mostly excited when she heard that her Uncle and Aunt will be spending more time with her this week," She added.

"I already miss her" He replied with a chuckle as the four of us make our way towards the Car. Just as I'm about to lift my own luggage and put it in the trunk, he has already lifted it up for me.

His eyes meet mine, "What's in there, anyway? It seems like you're planning to stay here for the whole month instead of a week." He said, closing the trunk.

I glared at him and instantly make my way towards the backseat but to only find Jennie and Mrs Jeon sitting at the back- as they scrolls down on their phones, leaving me to sit at the front while Jungkook's the one who has to drive.

All of a sudden, the smell of his cologne hits me as he leans towards me but to only realise that he's currently putting my seat belt on; Then, he leans back, our faces are inches apart "Safety first, love." He grins.

"I could've done it on my own," I respond, quietly. "You could've if you actually paid attention to what I said earlier instead of zoning out," He said as he presses onto the gas pedal before driving down the road. "What has been on your mind lately, Chaeyoung? You've been in deep thoughts since morning," He asked.

"Just about work. Nothing too serious," I answered, uncomfortably shifting in my seat; knowing that his mother and sister are at the back probably eavesdropping to our conversation but then again, they're too busy talking about some popular celebrity "It's just that...it feels different to be away from all the patients,"

"You mean from all the needles and smell of medicines? That has got to be refreshing." He laughed.

Truth be told, I wouldn't be here in Busan with Jungkook, if Jihoon didn't decide to cover up my shifts for the week because out of the blue...he decided to do it which is pretty surprising. I've been covering his shifts for the past few months because apparently, he likes to take a few days off or probably even a week.

Jung Jihoon is one of my colleagues. He's a nice guy apart from someone who likes to take advantage of my workaholic trait-he knows how much I'm married to my work, so he would always ask me to cover up for him; taking extra shifts, including night shifts even when I'm free to go home for the day.