Chapter eight

𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓰𝓴𝓸𝓸𝓴

"MR. JEON you're late." One of my employees say, pushing the door open for me as Im greeted by ten gentlemen who had waited for my arrival. "No, They were early" I reply before making my way towards my seat, gesturing for Junwoo; the one who is presenting the company's stocks to begin.

The lights are being turned off as he starts to talk, pointing at the screen up front-showing the amount of stocks have risen from last month which is an improvement.

Everyone are paying attention to the screen, not bothered to interrupt Junwoo's explanation on making our stocks to rise even higher starting from next month. His explanation seems to have pulled me in for further interest.

"In my opinion, this can lessen the risk and then, we can have a better income. When the stocks rise, the percentage will, too." He said, nodding. "What about our finance company in Japan?" I ask, causing him to stop talking, immediately.

He clears his throat, trying to figure out an explanation. "Their money uh," He stops talking. "We haven't figured out further details about the company in Japan as it is being handled by your brother, Jeon Junghyun. He has kept the financial details to himself and it has not yet been shared," He adds, making me nod.

Just like that, I begin to stand up before pointing at the screen- starting to see the flaws in his presentation.

"You do know that we have to worry about Japan and China, right? If we raise the percentage here in Korea...don't you think it'll affect the interest there?" My question seems to have silence everyone from pointing out any further details.

"As of my brother, it is also your job to keep up with him. If he refuses to share any further detail as he might think of it as a threat to his... commitment, then you can try harder."

I continue to speak, "You can come back and set another meeting as soon as you've earned the details I need," I said "But, Mr. Jeon... your brother is impossible to talk to," Junwoo said, looking at me with slight hesitation yet I appreciate the bravery he holds-something an employee should have.

"So am I" I replied.

_

Just as I'm about to go through the files, the sound of my phone ringing, interrupts me. "Jeon Jungkook!" I immediately pull the phone away from my ear at the sound of my mother shouting through the other line.

"You leave your mother, your future mother-in-law and your sister hanging. We waited for you and we called but you didn't even consider to pick up the phone! I called Seojin and he told me you were in a meeting...which you could've told us," She continues to speak as I let out a deep sigh.

"Mom, I'm working." I reply. "Yeah, how about I ask your brother to take over the company in here, too? How does that sound?" Her voice sounded serious as I begin to pinch the bridge of my nose, closing my eyes in order to control the annoyance.

"Are you threatening me?" I furrow my brows as the amount of stress are starting to radiate, leaving me sitting down on my seat- trying my best to just ignore her voice but it appears, she's good enough to annoy the hell out of me.

"I'm doing everything you're telling me to do! You asked me to get married and I'm getting married but now, you're making it a big deal just because I didn't show up to discuss about the caterers?" I continue to speak, "Give me a break, mom You're not even giving me a second to breathe," I groan, slightly annoyed.

She sighs, "You're getting married next month."

"I know and -I'm sorry but I'm really busy and I need to go," I reply before slowly hanging up the call, leaning my head back onto my seat. My eyes are getting tired from the lack of sleep and also from the amount of stress.