Chapter five

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓮𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰

I was in my office doing my work as usual but all of sudden, a nurse walks in which causes me to turn around and see that she's currently panting from all the running. I stand up immediately, trying to catch up with the words escaping her lips.

"You're needed in the emergency room as soon as possible," She says in between pants before gesturing for me to follow her. Both of her eyes are looking directly at me as I look down at her uniform, seeing that there's blood splattered across it.

I nod and quickly running down the hall and straight towards the emergency room, trailing behind the nurse. As soon as we've arrived in the emergency room, I'm left staring at someone who has been screaming in pain, immediately making me walk towards him.

A couple of doctors are tending to him but according to his injury, he needs to be in the operation room, right now.

"What happened?" I ask one of the doctors as he's busy trying to stabilize the patient's heart rate. Sweats are forming on his forehead before gesturing for the nurses to take him straight towards the operation room.

"Severe injuries. It was a hit and run," He replies as we both make our way towards the operation room before someone begins to pull onto my forearm, leaving me standing in the middle of the hallway, looking straight at the previous nurse.

"It's okay, Dr. Jihoon will be there in the operation room and you are needed to take his place in the emergency room," She says and I nod, making my way back towards the emergency room before glancing towards the number of patients in here, increasing.

My eyes widen as soon as they landed on a familiar figure on the hospital beds, leaving me staring at him. Without me realizing, I am already taking a few steps towards him before stopping once I realize that l'm getting closer.

His eyes meet mine and we both stare at each other, in surprise. I quickly make my way towards him before seeing that his calf is bleeding which causes me to look back up at him. It's a surprise to see him here...out of the places in the world.

"Chaeyoung" He says my name.

"What happened?" I ask, glancing towards the doctor who is currently doing the stitches. Taehyung on the other hand is gripping onto the bed as the pain hits him which leaves me trying to hold back my laughter, knowing how much he hates being in pain.

He doesn't do well especially when it comes to stitches. "Rock climbing accident. Scraped his leg," The doctor replies before finishing the last couple of stitches. "Could've been worse but luckily, just a slight tear. You're good," She adds as she stands up, walking away towards the other patients.

Both Taehyung and I looked at each other, realizing that there's an unfamiliar figure standing beside him before excusing himself as soon as he realizes the tension building. "I didn't expect to see you here," he starts to speak, wincing in pain as he tries to move his leg before letting out a deep breath.

"I work here, Silly" I reply. "Still, I didn't expect to see you-especially in a situation like this." He groans but he manages to sit properly, "It's still nice to see you, Chaeyoung. It has been a while," He adds.

Kim Taehyung and I met in a restaurant during a clumsy incident. I spilled a drink on his shirt when he was walking past my table, then it all began with the whole embarrassment which ended up being something blissful for once.