Chapter Sixty-Four

Shingami stepped through the doors of the T&I building, she didn’t say anything to anyone and no one even seemed to notice the girl, seeing as they were all doing their own thing.

She stopped right in front of Ibiki’s office and just stood there with her jaw clenched tightly as she twisted the doorknob just to be slammed onto her back by Anko who came shooting out of the doorway.

“Speak of the devil! We were just asking about you!” 

“Anko! Get off her.” Ibiki snapped, throwing a stack of papers down onto his desk, Genma kind of snuck over there too and just dropped on top of the two bodies. “Really, Genma?” He was so tired all he wanted to do was go and sleep for the next couple of days and just relax.

Shingami didn’t say anything and just laid there until the pair decided that they had stayed on her long enough. Genma held and hand out to her and pulled her up onto her feet.

“It’s been a little lonely without you, and Anko woke herself up laughing again.”

Underneath the mask, a smirk crept onto her face. “What was it this time?” Shingami asked with a hand on her hip. Anko raised both of her eyebrows and just stared at the girl. It took a couple of seconds but once it clicked Shingami threw her head back and laughed. 

Genma and Ibiki had no idea what was going on and they never would. “Speaking of, Izumo and Kotetsu said you and Shikamaru had a mission together.”

The smile dropped off her face the moment Genma’s head shot up and suddenly he didn’t look so tired anymore. 

“...”

“...”

“...”

“...”

“...”

Shingami threw a kunai at the ceiling tiles and an anbu fell onto the floor with the blade lodged in his leg. Then the other three looked between Shingami and the Anbu. 

“...I’m going to pretend like that’s not a ROOT Anbu, and DID YOU GUYS KISS YET!?”

“No.”

“DAMN IT!” Genma said, slamming his forehead against the wall.

Shingami just stared at the Anbu to see if he moved, he didn’t and kept watching her just as intently as she watched him.

Ibiki also had his eyes on the Anbu while Anko and Genma started making plans to set Shingami and Shikamaru on a date or something along those lines before they both ended up jumping out the open window to do god knows what. 

Ibiki stood from his desk and closed the window and closed the curtain before turning back to the Anbu.  “Now then, want to explain why you were watching us?”

The Anbu didn’t move an inch even as Ibiki walked a circle around him, Shingami stayed silent, even though she knew the true answer that Anbu wouldn’t be able to tell them anyway.

Ibiki kicked the mask off the man’s face forcing him to look at him. “I know you’re not going to say anything, so listen up.” Ibiki had his hands in his trench coat pockets. “Tell Councilman Danzo, The next ROOT member I see hanging around in a place they have no jurisdiction, I’m detaining and bringing to the Hokage. Got it?”

The anbu turned to grab his mask but Shingami crushed it under her foot, shattering it into a million pieces. The Anbu kept a straight face and looked into the eye holes of the girl’s mask before disappearing in a puff of smoke. Shingami let go of a breath that she didn’t realize she had been holding.

“Shingami.” Her eyes snapped up and looked at Ibiki who hadn’t moved from the spot he’d been standing in. “Has Danzo approached you recently?”

The girl didn’t say anything, so Ibiki turned to look directly at her. “Shingami he said firmly, showing her that he was serious.

“Today.”

“Where?”

“At the hospital when I was donating blood and such, Shizune was gone for only a few minutes.”

His eyes shifted over to the drops of blood on the hardwood floor again. “I’ll take care of it, go home.”

“I have a case-”

“Not anymore. I’ll deal with it later, go home.”

Shingami nodded and walked out of the door like a normal person instead of going through the window like the other two.

_____________

Shingami stood under the running water feeling the little droplets beat down on her back as she watched the water disappear down the drain. Her knuckles were white as they pressed against the tiles of the wall.

She ran her hand through her wet hair before slowly sinking down the wall to sit on the bottom of the tub. To just enjoy the hot water.

She let her mind go wild, she thought about things that she hadn’t thought about in years she thought about returning to the old house see if there was anything that she left, or see if anyone was living there, maybe Takaharu was still around, when she left he was still bitter over how everything went down so she couldn’t expect too much from him.

Now, that was a name she hadn’t heard in a long time.

She flinched upon hearing a knock on the bathroom door.

“Yeah?” She called. 

“It’s Ino, can I come in?”

Shingami blinked. “Sure.”

The blonde opened the unlocked door that Shingami completely forgot to lock and sat on the closed toilet, not looking into the shower as to give her teammate privacy. “How’d you get in here? I thought the door was locked down stairs.”

“Oh, Ibiki gave me his keys, I was visiting my father in his office and he was already in there and asked me to hang out with you.”

“Oh.”

“Did something happen?”

Shingami sighed but did not make any move to get off the floor. “I have a lot on my mind, is all.”

“I get that. Do you want to talk about it.”

“Not really.”

Ino smiled slightly after getting an Idea. “Do you want to go out for a little while?”

“Might as well I’ve got nothing else planned.”

Ino yanked the curtain out of the way making shingami cover herself instinctively even though she was not embarrassed.

“Hurry up and get dressed this is going to be so much fun!”

“What did I just agree to?”

Guilty Pleasures (Madara x Oc) is now out

Origami Kiss (Konan x Oc) is also now out description is as follows