Chapter Two

Chapter Two

“Shingami!”

The silver haired girl stopped walking and turned around to see who was calling her name only to see her senbon specializing co-worker and partner in crime. 

“Genma.” 

Her voice was cold but it didn’t stop the older Jonin from russleing the masked, eleven year old, almost twelve, Jonin’s, silver hair. 

“When did you get back from your mission?”

A moment after he said that he noticed on the right side of her body including her mask there was what seemed to be a spray of blood on her.

“A few minutes ago, why?”

She playfully smacked his hand away from her head and started walking again. Genma blinked a few times before returning from his daze and followed her.

“So how was the mission?” 

“It was easy.”

“An S-rank is easy? Everytime I go on one with you we always run into trouble and I know for a fact you did.”

She looked down at her blood stained mission clothes for the first time and realized that he was right.

“... I handled it just fine on my own.”

“Whatever you say.” 

Instead of knocking on the office door like normal, people Genma and Shingami walked right into Ibiki’s office without permission.

“...” The man let out an irritated sigh as soon as he saw the vacuous pair.

“Shingami, mission report.” He said as he returned to what he was doing before they entered the room.

Genma stood by the edge of his desk while Shingami sat on the other edge of the desk. Ibiki glared at her before giving up because he knew that he couldn’t win.

“Went off without a hitch.”

“Bullshit, your covered in blood.”

“...Minor set back. I ran into a few low class rogues.”

“How many is a ‘few’?”

He knew her well, better than almost anybody else. Sometimes when they were on missions together she could kill ten to fifteen people and still call it a few.

“...Twenty-three.” 

She was hesitant about answering but she quickly got off the desk spun around so they could both get a look at her. 

“See? No injuries.”

Ibiki let out another sigh and pressed his palm to his face.

“Even if you were injured, we wouldn’t know because of that damn regeneration of yours.”

She looked defeated. Death and killing were easy topics for her but she knew it wasn’t okay. She felt no remorse on missions and that was clear.

“Anyway, The Hokage wants you to find Naruto.”

Her head snapped up so fast a crack could be heard.

He’s missing?

Genma flinched a little at her dark demeanor while ibiki kept his poker face. 

“No, he’s just cutting class and the Hokage wants you to escort him back.” 

She let herself relax. And let out a huff.