Chapter 26 - Light At The End Of A Tunnel

Techno walked aimlessly. Like he was just a shell of a person.

Nothing surrounded him.

Nothing spoke to him.

"Hello..?"

Nothing responded.

Techno just walked in silence after that. He ran a hand through his hair, walking through the abyss that surrounded him.

He closed his eyes, and took a breath. Then, the scent of gas, fast food, and smoke filled his nose. People that weren't there before were suddenly speaking in incoherent whispers, and footsteps going in different ways.

The pinkette opened his eyes, looking around.

He was at....

A train station....?

Yeah, a train station.

He saw shadow figures, but not the types he would normally see from his schizophrenia. Some were sitting, some were smoking, other's were walking around. Nobody seemed to notice him.

It was almost like he was invisible.

He tried approaching a few of them, but nobody looked at Techno. He just backed down, and kept walking.

This was a bit overwheling for the pinkette. So many people all in one area. He walked a bit more, seing a portion of the station with very few shadows. He made his way over, sitting on a bench. The people all stopped talking and he closed his eyes again to take another deep breath.

When his eyes opened up again, he was alone. The train station now deserted, and Techno stood once again.

He was so confused.

He walked over to the platform, where people stand when they typically board the trian, and looked down at the tracks. There were carved words in the wood, but nothing that Techno could make out.

He was startled by the honking of an on-coming train.

He looked at both sides again, seeing a light at each of the ends of the tunnel.

'Both ends....? Shouldn't there only be a light at one end if there's a train coming..?'

He didn't know what any of this meant. A lone train station was a train on the way when it's absolutely deserted? The hell is this?

The train approached, and came to a stop right in front of him. The door's opened up, and Techno stayed in his spot. The conductor exited, and it was a tall man. Probably in his early-to-mid 20's.

"Hey Techno! Why are you here already?"

Techno stepped back.

"Who are you. How do you know me."

"Wait seriously? Well, I do suppose this is natural, you haven't seen me since you were 6."

Techno stayed silent, as realization hit him like a truck.

His birth father.

He was in a car accident, and passed. Then thats when the shit with his mom started. He, unlike his mother, was a good person. He helped Techno, taught him right from wrong, 'cause he knew that Techno needed to know what to stand for at a young age.

The man opened his arms and Techno didn't hesitate to hug his birth father.

"What happened while I was gone?"

"Uhm.. long story short, I was put in an orphanage. I was adopted by Philza, he's great. You would love him, too."

"Do you call him dad?"

"Is that bad...?"

"Not at all, kiddo. You need to have a father in your life, if you say he's a great father then I take your word."

"Thank you."

They stood silently as they continued hugging. They parted, and looked at each other. His birth father smiled warmly, and Techno gave a small smile back. His father looked back at the train, then had a small sigh.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What do you mean..?"

"You must want to go back, right?"

"Yeah."

"There's two ways we can go. Backwards, back to life, or forwards."

"What happens if we go forward?"

"You move on to the afterlife."

Techno stayed silent.

"C'mon, let's board the Jubilee Line."

Techno followed his dad, thinking. The Jubilee Line. Wilbur wrote a song about it. About suicide. About this Line's backstory.

Ironic, isn't it?

His death would be classified as suicide, and he boarded the Jubilee line.

He sat down, and looked to his father.

"Take me back."

His dad nodded, and went to the driving portion thing. The train started, and Techno looked out the window. He was sitting in the back, se he can see the portion he was supposed to go to. The light was almost blinding, and Techno just leaned his head against the cold window.

The train started up, and they headed towards the light.

~~~~~~~~

747 words