Departure

Chapter 1
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

"How fucking hard is it for you to be grateful?! I've given you everything."

"I wouldn't exactly call emotional distress everything."

You continue packing your belongings. You had so much, you couldn't bring all of it.

"I swear to God Y/n! If you walk out that door, you're done! You better not even think about crawling back here when you realize you can't survive on your own!"

"I wouldn't dream of it."

»»---------------------►

It's been three months since that day already? Time sure does fly fast when you're having fun.

Except you weren't having fun. It was the complete opposite actually. After "running away", you wanted nothing more than to go back to your...well your parents' luxury city apartment, sitting in a hot tub, without a single care in the world. Instead, you were now living in some cheap, busted-up hotel room, as a struggling writer. But tomorrow, that would change. You've worked so many different odd jobs and finally saved enough to move away.

Your flight to Japan was booked. This was where you were going to start your new, independent life. Despite your excitement, you had no idea how you'd manage once you arrived there. You thought the real world was going to be easy. But boy, were you wrong.

»»---------------------►

You woke up at 6 the next morning and got ready. Your day was not off to a good start. Your cab driver got pulled over for speeding, which led to a delay in reaching the airport terminal. Then, one of your suitcases ended up bursting open, causing clothes to fly out everywhere. To top it all off, the lady at the counter was rude, and you almost missed your flight just because she couldn't do something as simple as checking your ticket.

As if that wasn't bad enough, you've never been on a commercial flight. You wanted nothing more than to sleep through the flight, but the child sitting behind you would not stop kicking. Eventually, they stopped, but you still couldn't get some rest because of the snoring man next to you.

You came to the conclusion that you wouldn't be getting any rest on your flight. You sat back and pondered on what your life in Japan would be like.

Maybe I will be better off on my own. Maybe my writing career will finally get somewhere. I don't need my parents.

Your head was filled with so many maybes. You began drifting off to sleep and you were finally able to get some rest. You were woken up by the pilot's voice over the intercom.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have just been cleared to land. Please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Thank you."

It's been thirteen hours already? Well, I guess this is it. My new life starts today.

»»---------------------►

After getting off the plane, you collect your luggage. You stood outside taking in the scenery and the breeze from the streets of Japan. That was when you realized. You had no idea where you were. You pulled out your phone and checked the maps. The apartment you had booked was almost six miles away from the airport. Obviously, you weren't going to walk that far, but the cabs were expensive. After waiting around for some time, a bus arrived at the airport and to your luck, it was heading in the direction you were going. You hopped on and were able to rest your legs for a bit.

Japan is beautiful. I'll need someone to show me around.

»»---------------------►

You stood in front of your new apartment building. The outside looked nice. You headed in and collected the keys from the landlord.

B5, B5, B5... Where is that? Oh, found it.

You insert and turn the key in the keyhole, excited to see your new apartment. The pictures you had seen online had met your expectations. But, it was nothing like those pictures at all. It was messy; paint peeling off of the walls, dust and dirt particles flying around. It wasn't even furnished like the website said it would be. All that was there was a broken table and an old, torn-up couch.

"You've gotta be kidding me..."

It was a two-bedroom apartment, so you decide to look around to see which one you wanted. To your surprise, the rest of the house was actually tidy. You walk into the first bedroom. It was empty and in okay condition. Could use a little work. You walk over to the second bedroom and were surprised by what you saw. There were things in there. A messily made-up bed, shoes scattered around in a corner, clothes all over the floor.

Did the people living here before me forget to pack up this room? Did they purposely leave their things here?

It was strange to you. You walk over to the kitchen area and call your landlord to ask him what this was about.

"What do you mean I have a roommate?!" At this point, your voice was basically booming throughout the room. "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell. What do you mean I have a roommate. That was never mentioned to me."

"I'll come up momentarily to explain the situation to you."

"Wait, but-"

He hung up... I have a freaking roommate? Are you serious? Just when I thought I'd finally get my own space. It's not too late to move out, is it?

You started pacing up and down the kitchen, deep in thought.

Who the hell is my roommate? What's she like? Crap, she's gonna be so mad. She doesn't even know me. I guess I was wrong for thinking I'd be better of on my own.

You were so occupied in your own thoughts, you didn't even hear the door slam shut.

"Who the fuck are you?"

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.