Who is Dabi

Chapter 13
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

You both walk back to the house. You still made sure that you walked a few feet away from Dabi, still not wanting to be too close to him.

As you got back home, Dabi threw himself on the couch. You stood in silence waiting for him to talk.

...

"Well?"

"Well, what?"

"Aren't you gonna talk? Explain what the hell I saw yesterday?"

"What do you wanna know?"

He wasn't taking this seriously at all. It was as if he didn't care.

"Uh... Everything? Who was that guy you murdered and why?"

"You wouldn't get it."

"Then help me get it, Dabi. Because I've been living with you for almost two months and I know nothing about you. Who are you?"

"A criminal", he said unconcerned.

"I can see that. You could've easily killed me. Why didn't you?"

"Should I have? I had no reason to."

"You're not scared I'll turn you over to the police?"

"You're a good girl. You know when to mind your business. What can the police do anyway? They leave these things to the heroes. Plus it's not like the heroes care about the lives of citizens. They only bring out their sense of 'justice' for the public eye to see. They're nothing but fakes. They won't do anything if they're not getting praised for it."

"Why did you kill that guy?"

"He pissed me off."

"You kill everyone that pisses you off?"

"Pretty much."

You wanted to believe he had a good reason. But he was making it hard.

"You ever heard of the League of Villains?", Dabi asks.

"Yes? That organization of villains terrorizing the streets to extort heroes? I don't know much about them but I've heard the name on the news a few times.

The room was silent for a while and you put two and two together.

"You're..."

"Ding ding ding. You're correct. That guy I killed was a journalist who had been spying around our old hideout for some time. He refused to delete the footage and was going to make it public so I did what I had to."

"That's why you were so upset the other day... You didn't have to kill him."

"What should I have done? Let him get away and strip me of everything I've worked for." Dabi sat up. "Aren't you the same one who says murder can be justified?"

"It depends on the situation. You literally murdered a man in cold blood for what? Doing his job?"

Dabi stood up from the couch and began walking towards you.