Twenty-Four

Chapter 23
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

Three days went by and nothing out of the ordinary had happened. That Thursday you get home from work, you see three happy birthday balloons floating around the kitchen and living room area.

"What's with the balloons?", you ask.

"Toga brought them for me. Even though I told her multiple times I didn't want them."

"Why? Is it your birthday?"

"Yeah."

"No seriously. Is it?"

"Yes, doll. Did you not hear me the first time?"

"Oh my gosh, happy birthday. How come you didn't tell me?"

"You never asked. And birthdays don't mean shit to me. Another year isn't something to celebrate."

"You should have told me. I would have gotten you something."

"With your broke ass? No thanks."

You roll your eyes. "Shut up. You steal for a living. Wait you're 24 right?"

"Mmhm."

"How do you usually celebrate your birthdays?"

"I don't."

"Why not?"

"It's not a big deal."

"Let's go drinking."

"There's drinks here."

"Beer doesn't count. Let's go clubbing then."

"I don't dance."

"Dabi, work with me here."

"Nah."

"Come on. Don't be boring."

"You're only saying this because you want a reason to drink."

You paused.

"Okay... Maybe my manager being a bitch to me is part of the reason. But really, you should enjoy today."

"I'm fine with not doing anything."

"Okay, well I'm not. I'm gonna go take out something for you to wear", you say walking over to his bedroom door.

"Stay the fuck out of my room Y/n!"

»»---------------------►

"Oh come on. Don't give me that face. I swear this is the last time I'll ever drag you out-

"Is what you say every time."

"Whatever. Let's go in."

You head into the bar. It wasn't too packed yet but there was a decent amount of people. Already drunk people passed out on the floor and their friends trying to drag them out. Drunk people dancing all over each other and tables. It was only a little past 7 PM.