Parental Figures

Chapter 11
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

"Happy birthday, Y/n", your dad says.

"Happy birthday my beautiful daughter", your mom adds still hugging you.

It was pretty awkward because she wasn't usually touchy with you. You tried to make the situation a little more bearable so you used one hand to pat her back.

"My birthday was yesterday...because of the time difference and all...but thanks."

Wait... I never told them where I live. How are they here right now?

"Can we come in?", your mother says walking straight past you and into the living room, your father following behind her.

"Not that I don't want you guys here but uh... how did you guys know where I live?"

"Are you forgetting I bought you the phone you're using?"

"You put a tracker in it?"

What the hell?

"Is this the dump you've been living in? It's small and needs work done."

You roll your eyes at your father's comment. "Yes dad, this is where I'm staying. Did you really come here to insult me?"

He ignored your question, looking around in disgust.

"Sweetie, where's the bathroom?", your mom asks.

"Walk straight down, the door on the left."

Your father waits for your mom to walk far enough away before speaking again.

"What were those messages about?"

"What messages?"

"Y/n, don't play dumb. From when I texted you earlier."

"It was nothing."

"Y/n, is this your room?", you hear your mom call out.

You look over to see her walking into not yours, but Dabi's bedroom. Dabi didn't like random people being in his room without his knowledge.

"Mom, no", you say rushing over to her. "You can't be in here. This room belongs to my roommate."

"You have a roommate?", your father asks. "Where is she?"

"They're out at the moment."

You figured it was better not to mention Dabi's gender with how judgmental your father is. You could've already imagine how he'd react if you told him your roommate was a guy. Not like he had any right to be upset. You were an adult after all.

At least he seemed to forget the messages.

"Did you guys need something or?"

"Show a little more appreciation, Y/n", says your dad. "We haven't seen you in over four months. Your mother really missed you."