Dabi

Chapter 3
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

"That dude is such an ass. I don't even know his stupid name. Bastard."

You continue mumbling to yourself about your jerk of a roommate as you try to set up your things. You've been here about 24 hours, and you've already managed to have so many problems. Any normal twenty-year-old would be able to do simple things, such as setting up a bed, cooking, etc. Too bad you weren't any normal twenty-year-old. Everything you had or used to have was handed to you on a silver platter. This made you feel ashamed, and you realized that now you'd have to learn how to do these things on your own. Eventually, you gave up and called the furniture store and they came back and set up everything for you.

Your room was almost complete. Your bed, wardrobe, and TV were all set up. The one thing you wanted to change was the paint on the walls.

I'll get to that another time.

You plopped yourself down on your new bed. Now that that was done, the next thing on your list was finding a job. You always thought that you'd be some well-known author making billions by now, but you learned the hard way that reality is much harsher than that. You still had a decent amount of money left over but that could only last you for so long.

You decided to make an attempt to befriend your roommate. You didn't want your stay there to be too uncomfortable. It couldn't hurt to try.

You knock on his door. "Hey, are you in there?"

You heard him trudge over to the door. As he opened it he said:

"What?"

"I'm going out to get something to eat. Do you want me to bring you anything?"

"No."

He was about to shut the door again, but you put your foot in between the door and the doorframe to stop it.

"The hell are you doing?"

"Look, I get that you see me as just some nuisance intruding your home. I don't blame you. But I'm trying here. Can you at least try to make an effort? I think it'll be better for the both of us if you do."

He scoffed and rubbed his nose bridge.

"You don't get in my way, I won't get it yours. Simple."

"Look, can we just start over?"

"I don't think you're taking the hint and I was trying to be nice. Stay out of my way."

With his last sentence, he raised his hand causing a blue ball of flames to form.

You didn't know if that was supposed to scare you, but you couldn't help but be fascinated.

"You have a quirk? That's so cool! I've never actually met someone with a fire quirk."

"What are you, stupid? I can reduce you to nothing but ashes in a second."

"Geez, calm down. I was only complimenting you."

"Most people would've probably run away by now. Are you not scared?"