Friends

Chapter 7
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

"Okay... One, let go of my arm", you say shrugging him off. "Two, I was coming here and I happened to hear shouting. You weren't exactly being quiet."

He sighed. "Are you lying to me?"

"What reason do I have to lie to you?"

"Okay", he says. He instantly went back to being calm and collected.

"Thanks a lot for that. Now I have to stand at the back of the line."

"You're going a little over the top here. It's not that serious. Just skip."

"Are you crazy? No, I can't skip the line."

"Why not? I do it all the time. I know a chick who works here", he says smiling a bit.

"Let me guess... You slept with her?"

"What gave it away?"

He pulled you by your wrist to the front of the line. "Wait, no. Stop", you say trying to pry his arm off of you. The people in the line started uttering profanities and spewing harsh words at the two of you for cutting the line.

The cashier didn't seem to mind at all though. When you analyzed her face, you realized it was the same girl you ended up cock-blocking along with Dabi those nights ago.

"Lemme get my regular", Dabi says.

"Alright", she said looking like some lovesick puppy. When she turned her eyes and saw you, her smile dropped and she looked mad.

"And you?", she says with a fake smile.

I didn't even have time to figure out what I want...

"She'll get the same", Dabi adds in.

"Mmm..." the girl hums, clearly unamused. "That'll be 1,300 yen."

"Don't just stand there. Where's the money? We're holding up the line", Dabi says rushing you while signaling his hands for you to hurry.

You roll your eyes and pull out the money from your purse. The cashier lady snatches it out of your hand, giving you stink-eye.

You both walk out of the line and wait at a table for your order number to be called.

"I wasn't going to pay for you, you know."

"I didn't have any money on me."

"Your girlfriend looked like she wanted to murder me."

"Again, not my girlfriend. That's disgusting. She's more like a fuck-toy."

"Wow. Loving the respect", you say sarcastically.

»»---------------------►

When your number was finally called, you picked up your food and began walking back home.

"So what made you change your mind?", you ask.

"Hmm?"