Meet the Parents

Chapter 16
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

"Who's at the door, doll?", Dabi calls out. Your face now showed a look of embarrassment. You knew your parents would be curious and want answers, though it wasn't their business.

"Who was that?", asks your mother.

"My roommate. What are you guys doing here?"

"We're leaving in the morning", says your dad. "We came to say goodbye. You know, I at least expected an apology for your outburst that night. You embarrassed me in front of a lot of people."

"You've been embarrassing me for years. I think you'll live."

"You've changed a lot", says your mother.

"No, I'm just learning not to take disrespect."

Dabi heard the conversation and figured this had something to do with you walking in the rain all fancy the other night you caught him. The conversation sounded personal but Dabi never seemed to care about personal problems. He walked over to the door and stood next to you.

"Who are they?"

He knew who they were.

"Her parents", said your dad looking disgusted as he saw Dabi. "This is the roommate you spoke about? Couldn't you do better?"

Your parents, your father especially, have always been judgmental which was part of the reasons you never had many friends growing up.

That was rude of them to say, especially with Dabi standing right next to you. You look at him to see his face was totally calm. No sign of anger or aggression. Just cool and collected. He stared at them for a few seconds before walking away.

"What's wrong with his face? Was he burnt in a fire", your mother whispers to your father, but loud enough so both you and Dabi heard it.

"Looks like it", your father replies. "I'd be ashamed to walk in public looking like that."

"Okay", you say hearing your insolent parents' words. "I think it's time for you guys to leave."

"You're kicking us out? Already, Y/n?", your mother says sounding shocked.

"All you've done since you came here is disrespect me, and now my roommate. I get that you don't agree with my 'lifestyle' but you're gonna have to get over it."

"When did you get so ill-mannered, Y/n?", says your dad clearly getting upset. "I flew here for a business meeting and still managed to make time to visit you and this is the thanks I get?"

"I should've known you were lying when you said you were coming to celebrate my birthday. You guys never did that. I've spent every year alone, and I don't know why I expected this year to be any different."

"Y/n..."

"Look, I appreciate you for coming but you should go now. Have a safe flight back", you say before closing the door.

"Well... they were assholes", Dabi says sitting back on the couch.

"Tell me about it." You walk over and sit next to him.