Boundaries

Chapter 4
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

You woke up excited the next morning. Today was the day you'd go job hunting. You were curious to see what the world had in store for you.

Your writing career hadn't been going anywhere for a long time, so you couldn't depend on that to keep you alive.

You knocked on Dabi's door letting him know you were going to be out.

"Dabi? I'm heading out."

He was in the room but didn't answer.

Just when I thought he was warming up to me...

»»---------------------►

You walked around the streets, with the help of your phone map, of course, looking for anywhere that was hiring. After about two hours of non-stop searching, a tall building catches your eye.

Nakamura and Co.?

On the giant, seemingly spotless glass door was a help wanted sign. The company's CEO, Akari Nakamura, was in need of a personal assistant. You had never heard of this company before and had no idea what they did. You went home that afternoon and did your research. Apparently, it was some a well-known business all over Japan. You were sure you had no qualifications for the job, but the price they were willing to pay wasn't one to turn down. You were able to schedule an interview but unfortunately, the only day they had available was two days from now.

You stayed up all night trying to do research. That didn't go well considering the noise you had to deal with coming from Dabi's room.

It was pretty obvious he had a girl over. The giggling and moaning spoke for itself. It didn't help that your bed was directly against the wall from his.

"Keep it down in there!", you say banging on the wall. It quieted down a bit.

Finally.

"Okay, so Nakamura and Co. is a business that specializes in-"

You were interrupted once again by thumping from the other room.

I can't take this shit.

You angrily stomp over to his room and push the door open.

"Can you learn to lower your fucking-"

Shit that wasn't a good idea.

The image of Dabi naked atop some random girl was now burned into your brain. You hurried out as soon as you entered.

"Can you two just keep your voices down, please?"

Why the hell would I even do that?

You went to use the bathroom and as you walked back out, you saw the girl leaving Dabi's room. She caught a glimpse of you and glared in your face before flipping her hair and walking out.

You walk back into your room to get back to your research. Not long later, Dabi bursts in casually walking around the room. You look up from your laptop.