Leaving

Chapter 28
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

He left. Again. He actually left. And to think you were so happy when you got to see him again after all that time. Of course, you were upset. It was only natural.

I'm not gonna dwell on it. He made his choice.

You went to sleep soon after not wanting to think about the situation.

The next morning, you headed outside to clear your mind. The sky was painted a shade of light blue, the cool breeze hitting your face. You weren't looking to go anywhere specific. You just needed time to think about everything.

You walked around wherever your feet took you.

On your way back, you pass a hospital and see a familiar someone dropping off a bouquet of flowers. He was wearing the same clothes from yesterday so you knew it was him. But you couldn't figure out what business he had at a mental hospital. Not that it was your business. He handed it to a nurse before walking off.

Coincidentally, you two were walking in opposite directions so you couldn't ignore him even if you tried. Unless you were planning back to turn the other away, he was unavoidable. Luckily he had his head down so maybe you could get past.

Unfortunately, you did end up bumping into each other because when you moved left so did he, and so forth.

He looks up to see you.

"Y/n?"

"Oh, it's you... I thought you were leaving", you try to say as unfazed as possible.

"I leave tonight. I still have a couple of things I need to do... You know I've actually been wanting to call you."

"Yeah right."

"No, I'm serious."

"What changed your mind?", you ask folding your arms.

"You were upset last night. Didn't think you'd answer... Do you have a minute to talk?"

"What's there to talk about? I should be heading home now."

"Five minutes. Just hear me out."

This would probably be your last conversation with him, or even seeing him so you agreed.

"Talk then."

"Not here."

»»---------------------►

You two approached a park with not many people around and sat on a bench in silence.

To break the weird silence, you ask, "who were those flowers for earlier? Not that I'm trying to be nosy."

"They were for my mom", he says nonchalantly.

"Your... mom?"

"Yes? Why'd you say it like that?"

"I just never imagined you as someone close with their parents... Not that it's a bad thing... I didn't mean it like that.