The Interview

Chapter 5
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

You decided that you would dress in casual business attire. The building's location wasn't that far from where you lived, so you were grateful for that. Yet somehow, you still arrived late.

"Name?"

"Y/n L/n. I'm here for the personal assistant interviews."

The lady at the desk stopped typing and looked up at you with revulsion. "You're late. The interviews started approximately twelve minutes ago."

"I apologize", you say.

You didn't say more because you were sure she wouldn't want to hear your excuses. The lady rolled her eyes.

Rude.

"Take the elevator to the 16th floor. Walk to the end of the hall and take a right. There's a room for you to wait until your name is called."

She turned back to her computer and started typing again.

"Thank you."

Just as she said, you took the elevator to the designated floor and found the waiting room.

There were plenty of other people in the room. They were all well-dressed and sophisticated-looking. You thought that maybe you should've never come here. You signed your name on a piece of paper before taking an empty seat.

Almost an hour went by and you were the last person in the waiting room.

I guess it's my fault since I was the last person to come in.

Finally, your name was called. Your body tensed up as you became nervous. A woman guided you to the room where the interviews were held. The interviewer didn't look so harsh, so your nerves settled a bit.

"Tell me a little bit about yourself."

A simple question, yet you didn't know how to answer it. You just hoped you wouldn't screw up your chances.

»»---------------------►

You walked back through your apartment door feeling confident. The interview was nowhere near as bad as you thought it would be. You were confident you'd get the job. You were just waiting for the call notifying you. Hours went by and still nothing. You were anxious and started pacing around the still messed-up living room. The front door opened and Dabi saw you walking around.

"The fuck is up with you."

"I'm waiting for the job to call." You stopped pacing. "What's the smell? Why do you smell so burnt?"

"I lit someone on fire."

"Okayyy?"

You didn't know it at the time but he was dead serious.

"Is it like that every time you use your quirk?"

"Pretty much", he responds walking to the bathroom.

»»---------------------►

Finally, after hours of waiting, your phone rang. You jumped out of bed and reached for your phone on your bedside table. It wasn't the company, but instead, it was your father calling. Not what you wanted. You silenced your phone and turned it down. You wanted to get some fresh air on the balcony but saw it was already occupied. Dabi sat in the same spot he did earlier this morning with one leg propped up and an unlit blunt in his mouth.