Ch. 43 - Meeting Cami

Keaton laughed and grabbed the woman's arms and pulled them to loosen her tight grip on his neck and stepped away from her. "I missed you too," he said with a smile. He turned to Everly, clearing his throat and then looked back at the woman.  "Cami, this is my fiance, Everly," he said, gesturing behind him where she was standing.

"Fiance?!" Cami gasped, with her eyes as wide as saucers, turning around and looking at Everly and then back at Keaton. "You're engaged? And you didn't even bloody tell me, you fuckin' wanker?" she shouted, punching his arm hard.

He laughed and rubbed the spot. "Well to be fair Cam, we haven't really told anybody. Our parents don't even know yet."

Cami stood there dumbfounded with her mouth hanging open in shock. She looked like you could have knocked her over with a feather. "But how? Last I checked, you don't even believe in dating and girlfriends and all that rubbish."

"Well that was before I met Everly," Keaton said, looking over at Everly with a warm smile on his face. She couldn't help but smile back. "She's so special it made me change my mind."

Cami looked at him and then over at Everly, with one hand on her hip and the other on her forehead, shaking her head in disbelief and blinking her eyes, trying to process this information. 

She finally stepped towards her and said, "Well I guess I should properly introduce myself then. I'm Cami Winchester," putting out her hand for Everly to shake. 

"It's nice to meet you," Everly said with a hesitant smile, shaking her hand. Cami held onto her hand and leaned closer, studying her face. 

"Wow you're REALLY gorgeous," she told her, examining her eyes. "You almost look unreal. Your skin is perfect and your eyelashes are so long. Are they extensions?" she asked in her thick English accent.

"Ummm. No. They're all mine," Everly smiled, laughing awkwardly.

"I'm sorry. You're just so pretty," Cami laughed, letting go of her hand and stepping back.

"Thank you. So are you," Everly told her, crossing her arms across her chest and looking down. Cami was so pretty it was intimidating with her long, smooth blonde hair, blue eyes, pouty lips and long black eyelashes. She was around 5'10 and her skin was flawless and her perfume smelled so good. The fact that Keaton appeared to be close friends with this drop-dead gorgeous woman made her feel a little jealous.

Cami turned around, asking Keaton, "So how long are you home?"  

"Just a week. We're on Winter Break for Christmas."

"Oh right. Of course. I should've known you were only back for the holidays. Your father never mentioned anything." 

"Would he ever?" Keaton asked and she rolled her eyes. 

"Of course not," she laughed, nudging his arm and smiling at him. The two of them were obviously very close. She wondered why he had never mentioned her before. 

 "Well, Everly and I had a long flight so we should probably go upstairs and get settled in," Keaton said.

Cami reached forward and gave him a long hug and said, "It's so good to have you home," giving him a soft smile before turning and giving Everly a smile and a light wave and then walking away down the driveway towards the gate. She turned around and called out, "Don't be a stranger while you're home this week." 

"I won't," Keaton shouted back and she smiled and turned around, walking away.