Ch. 59 - The Wedding Day

***** Keaton's Point of View *****

The next morning Keaton woke up in his dorm room and squinted against the bright light pouring in through his window. He was thankful he didn't get hangovers because after how much he had to drink last night it would've been a bad one. He did blackout though. He didn't remember much of anything after leaving the bar.

He heard some movement and looked up to see Brad passed out on his chair asleep. The noise of Keaton groaning as he stretched woke Brad up and he sat up and stretched too.

"Hey mate," Keaton said, rubbing his hands over his face and then up through his hair. "What happened last night? I can't remember much of anything."

"That's not surprising with how much you had to drink. Your friends were pumping you full of alcohol every second," Brad said with a scratchy, just waking up voice. "We drove around town in that party bus getting wasted and painted by half-naked women and then they took us to a strip club and a frat party. You've got some wild friends man," Brad said, shaking his head.

"Yeah. I guess wild would be a good way to describe them," Keaton laughed. "When your relatives run the country and have the power to pay anyone off to stop you from getting in trouble for the stupid shit you do, that tends to make a person a bit wild."

"Yeah I guess so," Brad said, taking in a deep breath and letting out an exhale.

"But they're honestly really good mates that always have my back and look out for me. They're more like brothers than friends and obviously they can be a lot of fun too," Keaton said, getting up out of bed and walking over to his Keurig to make himself a cup of coffee.

"So how did I get back here last night?" he asked Brad, who was rubbing his hands over his face, with a bad case of bedhead and he looked like he was more hungover than Keaton did.

"Ummm," Brad laughed, raising his head. "Well you were passed out drunk on the couch at the frat party and Everly called and asked me to make sure you made it home safe. I gave her the address and she set up an Uber to pick us up. Then I brought you back here and you could hardly walk to get inside. I was tired and drunk too so I just crashed on your couch. That's pretty much it."

Keaton handed Brad the cup of hot coffee in his hands and started making a second one for himself.

"Thanks mate. I appreciate it."

"Yeah, don't mention it," Keaton said, with an exhale. "What time is it?"

"Ummm. It's almost 10:00," Brad told him, looking at his phone.

"Shit. The wedding's in three hours. I better get in the shower and start getting ready. Can't be late to my own wedding," Keaton laughed.

"Yeah," Brad said half-heartedly, taking a sip of the hot coffee.

***** Everly's Point of View ******

Everly stood in front of the mirror staring at her reflection, her hands shaking and her skin flushed. Monroe, her maid of honor, had done an amazing job on her hair and makeup and it was the most beautiful she had ever looked. She had on the pale pink dress she had picked out with her Mom and Monroe and a diamond tiara with a long veil in the back that came all the way down to her feet. Her hair was pulled back into a loose low bun with sprigs of baby's breath making her look like a fairytale princess.