1

╔═════════════════╗
𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
╚═════════════════╝

"god, your face disgusts the hell out of me."

the skinny boy leaned against his car- a black tesla, to be exact- his hands shoved in the pocket of his baggy, black cargo pants. his figure loomed over the group of arrogant football players who accosted him every single day, like usual. though he was taller, it didn't mean he was stronger and he could not feel it in him to desire getting jumped again like yesterday, which had left a nasty, red scratch under his left eye.

"he's fucking ugly. that's why he gets no bitches."
"he couldn't get one even if he tried," ryan greene, the football captain snorted loudly before he lightly brushed the giant aside from his own car with a rude shove. "hey kaidon, how about you let us take this for a ride and we'll let you off the hook today?"

the seventeen year old did not reply, his long, fluffy hair covering his eyes mostly as he stared straight ahead.

"ignoring me are we?" the football player spat, his pride bursting from the absence of reaction kaidon possessed, not even making a peep when ryan grabbed the collar of his large, black sweater, raising his fist in a threatening manner as he had to force kaidon to bend to even meet his level. "i'll teach you to fucking ignore me, you damn freak."

the seventeen year old barely even conjured a reaction as the group of football players all began to beat down on kaidon, who did not once make a noise.

kaidon was used to this.
it happened nearly everyday. when he'd try to walk to school from the parking lot, the quiet boy would get targeted and pushed up against his car and made late for class since high school started, never once giving kaidon a reason why they desired to make his life a living hell. over the years, kaidon cold not find it in himself to care about these frequent occurrences. crying out for help was futile.

no one gave a shit.
so neither did kaidon.

take a few hits to the face, entertain them and go to school with developing bruises all over his body, feed their egos and ultimately walk away unscathed; kaidon was too mentally and physically numb to feel their insults, to take in their punches and feel the pain they inflicted on him.

truth was that he could simply feel nothing, and it had been like that since he was a child. constantly submerged in a mindless, self-inflicted pit of darkness...

but every element- every thing has its opposite, right?

it's partner.

water and fire. life and death. the sun and the moon. salt and pepper.

just like darkness, and 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

"ryan!"

the sounding of the football player's name ceased the advancement of the assault launched on the seventeen year old, who didn't make a sound as his own crimson, red blood dropped from his nose. he dared not lift his head up lest they attack again, his hair covering his face as he sat, exhausted, against his car before a conversation began to ensue.

"oh. hey babe."

the petite sixteen year old stood a few feet from the car, his thin arms crossed lightly against his chest.

"what are you doing?"
"just taking care of some buisness, pretty," the brunette grinned. "how about i meet you insi-"

"how many times do i have to tell you?" shiloh huffed abstinently, pure disappointment intwined with a bit of disgust on his features. "...stop picking on people, ry, it's not nice."
"what? he pissed me the hell off, so he deserves it."

"ryan, don't you pick on him any day anyways? give him a break.. five people to one isn't fair."
"what the hell?" the brunette spat, his caramel colored skin tinting a deep red from the mortification due to being called out in front of his friends by his boyfriend of all people. "you got a thing for him shi?"

"no," the smaller said patiently- as if dealing with a child. "i just don't want you to get expelled sweetie. the football team will fail without you."

a direct supplement for his ego- it worked every time.

"well, i guess," the older smirked with an air of supremacy before turning back to the trembling boy on the ground, serving out one last kick to his side that made shiloh frown. "stay out of my way, fucking rat."

so kaidon was left, trembling with his knees to his chest on the dirty ground before his tormentors exited, leaving only him and the accented, soft voice that he had not identified yet as he didn't even dare look up before he completely froze. kaidon's whole entire body paralyzed as he felt a small hand rest on his head, compelling him to glance up as shiloh bent down to the obviously larger's level, immediately consuming kaidon with his gentle blue eyes and letting in the light.

"are you okay?"

kaidon possessed nothing but silence as he stared into the gorgeous boy's face- absolutely gorgeous, with no flaw.. no bruise, no scars, no dark undereyes like kaidon. no grimy, clouded aura that testified about the secret darkness living in the boy that controlled him with silence because if he spoke, he'd be in trouble.. instead his was clear.. filled with kindness, just like his sparkling blue eyes full of sympathy that reminded kaidon of a fresh water stream on a perfect summer's day. crystal clear waters; the ones that made you want to dunk your head into it or drink from it- immerse your dirty, hot body into the seemingly holy waters and cleanse yourself of all the mud and grass that stuck to your body like a sin after a day like that.

because for the first time in a a long time, kaidon was intrigued by what he didn't even value; a life, shown in the glowing teenager.

he was intrigued with a possessive desire as he finally answered the boy's question with a simple nod of his head, his heart pounding as the delusional teen's infectous heart dripped with a sort of poisonous love, infected by none other than the angel in front of him with a simple three-worded question. with just a three-worded question, love began to bloom in those dead, dark eyes.. a love that was extremely different than others.

"i'm sorry for him," shiloh apologized to kaidon, who was too busy focusing on the work of art in front of him. he was genuinely perfect, and so was the smile that spread over his pink, pretty lips. "here's a tissue."

the older did not take his eyes off of shiloh, who dug into his white messenger bag before pulling out a pack of travel tissues with a yellow hello kitty pattern on the plastic wrapping. kaidon glanced down at it as shiloh opened it quite easily with his white acrylic nails, daintly choosing a tissue before lightly dabbing at the blood that dripped out of his nose with a small pout that showed the sincerity of his concern.

of his mercy; mercy that the world had taught kaidon most humans did not possess, but still.. here he was.

"can i take you to the nurse?" shiloh asked the silent boy tentatively, who was obvioulsy cold-mannered as he did not even speak- just shook his head no, but shiloh could not blame him.

"okay then. once again, i'm really sorry..."

and with a small pack of $1 hello kitty tissues, shiloh slowly rose and parted from the bruised boy in clothing too big for him and left him, parting his ways with the boy he thought would remain a stranger.

not quite.
kaidon would make sure of that, because he'd be a fool to let shiloh slip right out of his grasp- and he sure didn't plan to.