14

╔═════════════════╗
𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
╚═════════════════╝

"oh god, i'm gonna be late for school!"

the half-naked boy frantically scrambled out of the bed that was not even his, pulling down the shirt over his skinny legs before beginning to search for his clothes, nearly tearing apart the room with his nerve. it woke up the boy was asleep next to him, causing kaidon to stir before he tiredly rolled over in the bed. the seventeen year old sported major bedhead, his hair even more chaotic than usual as he watched shiloh, who moved way too fast for how early it was.

"oh my god," the younger breathed in a panic, glancing over at the tired boy who just played with his septum. "can you help me find my clothes?"
"no." kaidon answered in short, causing shiloh's face to wipe of any emotion but confusion at such unfiltered denial. the seventeen year old continued to lay out on the bed before he sat up, pulling off his shirt before laying back down.
"kaidon," shiloh called hesitantly, nibbling his lower lip as his large, blue eyes landed down on the tired, nonchalant boy who seemed to be extremely cold; as if a flip had switched in him overnight. "my head is pounding and i have practice today.. can you plea-"

"i'm not taking you." the seventeen year old straight up refused, his eyes hidden by his hair before he sighed deeply, looking over at the downcast sixteen year old who was clearly confused; however, all night kaidon hadn't slept a wink of sleep. how could he with an overthinking mind and a half-drunken boy who somehow made his way into his arms, even when he pushed him away because kaidon knew himself way too well, and he knew that once he got his hands on him he wouldn't be able to let go. all night he had tossed and turned with nothing but his thoughts, and come morning he had finally made them up. "skip?"
"i can't. we have a student goverment meeting and i'm the president."

the words flew right past kaidon's head who just shrugged before he stood up, walking over to the junior who did not know whether to get angry or to question kaidon's behavior, but he couldn't help doing the latter as he spotted how unrested his 'friend' looked. shiloh's breath hitched as he felt kaidon wrap his arm around the boy's lower waist, pulling him close to his warm chest. the sixteen year old's heart pounded in his chest as he hugged the much taller who's shoulder he was well bellow, returning the embrace as kaidon rested his head on shiloh's shoulder.

"what're you doing?" shiloh murmered, hearing kaidon lightly chuckle from the question.
"a hug surprises you but you were in my arms all night long. you confuse me."
"i was w-what?" shiloh asked, his face turning red with a soft embarrassment before he withdrew away from the exhausted boy's embrace. "no.. i wasn't. i don't remember anything from last night, i was really drunk, so sorry if i did some stupid stuff... what else did i do?"

kaidon was silent as he stared down at the squeamish boy who's eyes darted away from him and onto the floor, the weight of the tension in the room weighing on his shoulders heavily- but it wasn't as heavy as the hurt kaidon felt.. the type of hurt that if he could express his feelings better would've made him break down on the spot. all that hope had clung onto, hoping that the boy he loved would remember even a little bit of how their lips went together like puzzle pieces and fit together perfectly was gone, instead replaced by a hollow feeling that made kaidon feel painfully number than usual- all from a misguided lie blurted out due to fear.

"nothing. you pretty much just slept all night."

"oh.."
"shi-" kaidon started before he stayed silent, cutting off the words that were about to come from his mouth before he inhaled deeply, obviously at a lost for words. "i'm not taking you. go on your own."
"what?" the younger spat. "why?"
"because i don't have to," kaidon told him before getting back in the bed, his arms crossing over his sculpted chest. "so i'm not. you can stay here, call an uber, or get picked up by your 'besties'."
"huh? so what, you're gonna trap me here? i can't drive kaidon." shiloh said, obviously frustrated.