0.3 prologue ✔️

"she is a mermaid, but approach her with caution

her mind swims at a depth most would drown in."
- j iron word

˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     In the blink of an eye everything as you know it could be changed. One second you're going to school the next you're in the hospital because you managed to fall and break a bone. Or in Stiles Stilinski and Scott McCall's case, one moment everything's normal, the next the entire city is threatened by a homicidal lizard creature with the power to paralyze and murder. And as luck would have it, it was their responsibility to save everyone.

     Or in Shivani Caddel's case. One moment she was a perfectly normal little girl, the next moment her two legs transformed into a tail just by touching water. Yes, one moment she could go swimming, take showers and play beach volleyball with a wet ball without a single worry, and the next moment even the single sight of water was enough to make her skittish.

     Sure, whatever had happened to the girl was purely magical, amazingly impossibly. But it was also a huge burden and a heavy weight for an ordinary girl to carry on her shoulders. Luckily, Shivani was no ordinary girl, and hiding her tail and keeping it all a secret had become some sort of talent of hers. So far, no one had discovered her or come close to, not even her own two parents.

     So maybe what she needed a fresh start in the complete opposite side of the country. Some people were growing too close to her secret for her liking, so when both of her parents had brought the idea of moving to Beacon Hills up, she had happily agreed. It wasn't like she had a ton of friends or a boyfriend keeping her back anyways.

Moving to Beacon Hills Shivani was planning on keeping a low profile, holding her head down and rolling as the lone wolf. This was, after all, how she preffered to roll. But let's just say, things don't always go as planned.

     But then again, when did things ever actually go as planned? Besides, true euphoria was resting within the unknown. Shivani just had to take that leap of faith.

˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚