1.4 chapter four ✔️

CHAPTER FOURKANIMAS AND MERMAIDS"i've learned to lose"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER FOUR
KANIMAS AND MERMAIDS
"i've learned to lose"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

"She's a what?"

After Stiles had gone home and done a little research, he had come to several conclusions. Number one, there was a hell of a lot mythical creatures. Like, what the hell was a banshee? Number two, a hell of a lot of those creatures had crazy abilities and powers. Was Stiles Stilinski the only guy around here that didn't have some cool power? And number three, Shivani had to either be a siren or mermaid or some kind of witch or wizardy thing. Well, at least according to the internet. For a skeptical guy like Stiles, he sure did place a lot of faith in the internet.

A lot of things had happened since his talk with Shivani. For one, him, Scott, Allison and Lydia had gone on this 'double date' thingy at the ice rink. Stiles had convinced this guy Boyd at school to lend him the keys exchange for fifty dollars. For a guy who worked at an ice rink, he sure drove a hard bargain. It had all been fun and games until Lydia was lying on the ice, screaming and clawing at it. Something was definitely wrong with the strawberry blonde. He didn't know what yet, but it surely had something to do with the bite she had received from Peter Hale at the winter formal. It was weird how she hadn't wolfed out yet, and it scared the Stilinski boy to think of what this all could possibly mean.

Another groundbreaking thing was that apparently, Derek Hale was going around giving every other teenager the lethal bite that would either turn them into a bloodthirsty werewolf, or it would kill them. It was a little too much of a risk, and in Stiles' opinion, not big enough a reward. Derek had already managed to turn Isaac, Erica and Boyd into werewolves despite Scott doing his very best to prevent it.

As well as that Stiles had finally seen the creature Scott had described to him. He had been at the mechanics shop to get an oil change when he had fallen to the ground, completely paralyzed. Let's just say, it top Stiles personal chart of 'favorite sensations to feel'. Then he has watched his jeep crush a guy. Again, not exactly his favorite thing to witness. That's when the lizard creature had jumped down infront of him. It barred its sharp teeth at him before leaving him to let the paralyzation wear off. Why? He had absolutely no idea. All he did know was that they had to find a way to stop the thing, if there even was a way.

That thing was really freaking creepy and scary, especially compared to how Scott had vaguely described it. The McCall boy didn't exactly have a flare for the dramatics, and had gravely underestimated how bone chilling the creature was. Stiles made a mental note to lecture the crooked jawed boy about his lack of imagination and horrible ability to recall and describe.

The school day had been spent running back and forth between Allison and Scott as their little messenger. He was getting really tired of repeatedly telling Scott his undying love for him, even if it was Allison's words. Now, they were both standing in the locker rooms, changing into the appropriate attire for the big game night. Coach was riding on the fact that Scott would ace the game. Stiles would probably not be getting any field time at all. He didn't really care, at least not right now. He had much more time pressing matters to attend anyway.