1.14 chapter fourteen ✔️

CHAPTER FOURTEENTHE DOWNFALL OF MATT"heaven sent you to me"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
THE DOWNFALL OF MATT
"heaven sent you to me"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

"I was taking some photos, and then, purely by accident, Lahey gets in one of the photos. I look down at the screen on my camera, and I just had this unbelievable rage that fills up inside of me, and I just - I look at him, and I - I wanna see him dead. And the next day, he actually was. You know, Einstein was right. Imagination is more important than knowledge. It was like something out of Greek mythology. Like - like the furies coming down to punish Orestes." Matt explained, a sick smile making its way into his lips.

"You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?" Matt realized when he saw the confused look on Scott's face.

Currently stuck at gunpoint at the police station, Scott and Shivani didn't have any choice but to listen to Matt reveal how he had gotten to controlling Jackson. At this point Shivani wasn't even tired anymore. Her only focus was on not being killed. Which was a skill she was suprisngly good at seeing as she was still alive, despite Matt being both crazy and very emotionally unstable.

He was like those kids who threw random tantrums when they didn't get the toy they wanted from the store, or when they couldn't eat any more candy. In Matt's case, killing was the candy. And the bad mother telling him no? That role had been handed out to Scott and Shivani, typically. Why did Shivani always have to land herself in situations like this?

"Was- was he the guy who stabbed out his eyes?" Scott guessed. Shivani cringed as Matt's face twisted with anger. She wasn't the most knowledgeable in this topic, but judging by the look on Matt's face, Scott was wrong.

"God, that's Oedipus, you dumbass!" He yelled. "The furies are deities of vengeance. Their tears ran of blood, and they had snakes for hair. If there was a crime that had gone unpunished, the furies would do the punishing. Jackson is my fury. You know, when I saw him the next night, it was like this bond had been cemented between the two of us. I knew he had killed Lahey for me, and I knew he would do it again." A creepy grin cascaded Matt's face. It made a chill run down Shivani's spine.

"So I went to Tucker's garage. I even paid for an oil change. And guess what. He didn't even recognize me. So when he wasn't looking, I took a shot of him from my camera. And in a few hours, he was dead. So I took more pictures. All I had to do was take their picture- And Jackson would take their life."

The way he actually appeared to be feeling euphoric while talking about the lives he had taken was horrifying. It made the Caddel girl absolutely sick to her stomach.

"So, did you take a picture of everyone at the police station or. . ?" Shivani stupidly asked. Matt shot her a warning look, refraining from answering. Okay, so maybe sarcasm wasn't the best defense against someone holding a gun. . . But it was currently the only one Shivani had.