1.1 chapter one ✔️

CHAPTER ONECLOSE CALL"the world my oyster i'm the pearl"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER ONE
CLOSE CALL
"the world my oyster i'm the pearl"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     The absolutely last thing Shivani Caddel wanted to spend her Saturday night doing was visiting the hospital looking for her mom. She worked there as a nurse, and due to late night shifts and being overworked, she didn't have the opportunity to get lunch for herself. So she had called her favorite, and only, daughter to get her some food. Shivani sighed as she locked the car, heading to the hospital. In her right hand she was clutching a brown paper bag that contained a burger and some fries, and in her left she was holding her car keys and phone.

     She was used to having to bring her mom food at the hospital, but this was the first time visiting her at Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital. There had been two reasons her parents had made the decision to move to Beacon Hills. Number one, a relative on her dads side had passed away and left a house for them. And number two, her mom had gotten a job offer at the hospital there. So when Shivani happily agreed to the idea, they packed up everything and moved to the small town quickly.

     Her dad was currently downtown working himself. He had managed to land himself a job at this car mechanics shop. He loved the stuff, so the job suited him well. Shivani, in a way, had raised herself. Sure, her parents had always been there, but then again not. They were both to be considered workaholics. Maybe that was why the two worked so well together. Shivani learned from a young age that both her parents were miserable at home without work. They'd take every chance to be at work. They loved her just as much as any parents loves their kids, they really did. And Shivani knew that. So she just accepted that this was just the way things were for her. She was cool with it. With parents out, she basically had the house to herself.

     Her parents had at least been smart enough to not have any more kids after her. She was forever greatful for it. Maybe it was a little selfish, but she enjoyed the undivided attention she received from them as a kid. Well, almost undivided. Their jobs were like her siblings. Them being so obsessed with work was weird considering their jobs. Shivani figured they just had issues with sitting still, and as neither one of them earned especially much, it wasn't like they could afford not to work as much as they already were.

     "You're an angel!" Veronica Caddel exclaimed when she laid eyes on her daughter. She rushed over, lazily giving Shivani a quick side hug and kiss on the cheek before grabbing the brown paper bag. "Please tell me you got the curly fries."

     Shivani rolled her eyes. "Yes, mom, I got you curly fries. And I remembered to ask for no pickles on the burger. You're welcome." Her mother grinned widely.

     "You're my favorite kid."

     "I'm you're only kid."