1.18 chapter eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEENIT HAS WINGS"i broke your heart like someone did to mine"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
IT HAS WINGS
"i broke your heart
like someone did to mine"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

Shivani would never admit it out loud, but relief washed over her when Scott finally announced that they had found stiles.

Her first instinct had been to go find him, to make sure he was okay. But if she did that it would mean she cared about him, which she didn't. At least not as far as she had admitted to herself. The mermaid just wanted to make sure the boy was alright, she just wanted to check up on him. Like friends do. Shivani refrained from following her urges, she figured she owed Scott to stay seeing as she had compromised their time by blasting Peter into a locker, knocking him out cold. Her exact words had been 'oops, how did that happen'. In her defense, he had caused her to 'fish out' to confirm that she was in fact a mermaid.

When Peter finally woke up, they all rushed to the next destination. Apparently, he had hidden something at the burnt down Hale residence. Derek kept nagging about having looked already. It wasn't working. The older werewolf flatly ignored Derek's claims.

"I told you, I looked everywhere." Derek said once again, sourly watching his uncle head for the stairs. It was a miracle the house was still standing. Shivani took a step closer to Isaac. She figured he was one of the tallest ones there, so if the roof was to collapse, it would hit him first. It was her safest bet on survival.

"You didn't look here." Peter smugly said, pulling a plank from the stairs. He pulled out a wooden box, blowing the dust off of it. Derek furrowed his brows.

"What is that? A book?"

Peter shot his nephew a judgy look. "No. It's a laptop. What century are you living in?" Shivani couldn't help but snicker. She liked this Peter guy, he was funny. "A few days after I got out of the coma, I transferred everything we had. Fortunately, the Argents aren't the only one that keep records." He also was a little handsome. Shivani had to remind herself of all the horrible things Scott had said the Hale man had done prior to her arrival.

     For a moment Shivani's mind slipped back to before she arrived in Beacon Hills, before she knew of all this supernatural stuff. Her life had been so much easier back then, yet for some reason she had been more miserable than ever. The brunette claimed time and again to enjoy her own company before anyone else's, and that she was an introvert at heart, but her mind was slowly beginning to change. When she was home all by herself she found herself missing the company of certain members of the pack. . . And even though she was in a constant state of danger, she had people around her going through exactly the same thing, and somehow she was happier than ever. Well, at least as happy as a girl could be considering the circumstances.